Moving to CO

permison

don't waste your money on the Epic Pass unless you plan on a trip to and have a free place to stay at Heavenly. Otherwise just grab the Summit pass. or better yet the rocky mountain super pass +. Better Mountains, though that can get to be a r-22 vs s300 level debate pretty quickly out here.

If you ever want to go hit the hill with someone give me a PM. That goes for anyone on here that finds themselves in CO

Yep, just like I would question if a R-22 would fly with two grown adults at the altitude you'd find in Colorado (thats why everyone uses 300c, up here). I would think that any skier in his right mind would love unlimited skiing a one of the largest ski areas in North America; Vail and they also throw in unlimited skiing at Keystone, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek and Heavenly. Understandably I have a biased opinion. Your right it could become a large debate, good thing I'm right.... Ha, Ha just joking...sort of. Anyone ever get to Vail drop me a message and we will take some runs.

last time I was at vail my friend summed it as "like getting in fight and losing." and it wasn't cause the terrain was too challenging. :P The best mountain on that pass is one of the ones you didn't mention A-basin though I think not mentioning breck was a good call. lol just kidding... Kinda. I'll definitely give you a shout if over that way be nice to have someone show me the good side of Vail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I finally made it to Denver. After racing to beat the storm out of Virginia my trailer broke down and I had to spend two days in Pa. Then after they fixed it I could only drive between 45 and 50 mph. Got to Kansas and got hit from behind by a girl who wasn't paying attention and drifted into my lane. Destroyed the trailer and most of my stuff. Spent two days in Saline Ks and then had to move what was left of my stuff into a new trailer by myself standing in mud at the towing lot. Thank God I got the extra insurance! Almost seemed like the universe was conspiring to keep me from getting here.

Whew! Well I'm here and I am a happy camper. The first day I moved into my new place I went over to Home Depot and within 5 minutes 6 people asked me if I needed help. I was shocked. I found movers to help move what was left of my trailer load on xmas eve and they were on site within two hours of the original call. Then yesterday I was standing in line to pay at a store and the woman ahead of me saw I only had one item and told me to go ahead of here. That would never happen in DC. I LOVE this town!!!!!

Now I just have to go get checked out at the local airport and I can really start to see my new home. Anyone local want to get together for the new year???

Glad you made it. It seemed like when I bought my first car and truck everyone was out get me into an accident. All within the first three days of owning the car and then the truck. Lots of close calls. That was 12yrs ago, things have mellowed out since then, I think. Well have not bought anything new yet either. Anyway glad you made it. Good luck, Fly safe.

Steve

well, if I didn't just move back to Houston a few weeks ago, I would have said lets go have a drink. Make sure and go bug DP at KBJC. Sounds like your move was WAY more eventful than mine, which is a good thing I guess for me. what part of town are you in?

I have been living mostly in the Denver area since 2003. I really like Denver and the Front Range, but by the end of January I am moving to Carbondale for work. My main client wants me closer and he wants all three of his airplanes in Aspen now. I will miss the culture of Denver, but I think I will ski and bike more in Carbondale.

• 2 weeks later...
Jack made it to Heli-Ops today.. he was helping us refinish desks and then consulted on a resume for one of our friends moving on to bigger and better things...

dp

Good times DP!

John, you blew into and out of town too quick. Hit me up when you get back, we can let DP buy you a dinner for the write up in VR and I will just mooch along.

• 2 weeks later...