Free Online Safety/Pilot/Training Courses

Hey all,

As an aspiring pilot, I have a question for you guys. What kinds of free online courses are there geared towards training and/or safety? Goldy told me about AOPA's ASF Program (related to the FAA WINGS Program), and I have already completed a couple of modules there. Unfortunately, since I do not have any pilot ratings as of yet, I cannot print out a certificate nor participate in the WINGS Program itself, but it shows up as "Completed" on my ASF Course Transcript. This is fine, but if there are other similar programs out there I'd love to hear about it.

If you could provide a link, that'd be even better! :D

Thanks,

L

Edit: I'll take my own advice and post links to the programs Goldy told me about (thanks Steve!)

1) Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Air Safety Foundation (ASF) Program

2) FAA WINGS Program

Are you sure you can't participate in the WINGS program with a student pilot certificate number? The 2 that you've mentioned already are the only ones that I know of that are free, and they're probably as good as any out there.

I haven't gotten my student pilot certificate yet (I know, I know <_ but anyway yeah i not sure if a student pilot cert works for the wings program have to look into that. it does definitely get my butt in gear grab mine. thanks though>

Lindsey,

Don't wait, get your butt in gear and get your student pilot cert./medical ASAP.

:D

JD

Yeah, get your butt in gear !! Yes, your student license should work for the two programs I told you about. Also, there is the mentor program for students (you have to be an AOPA member) and there are the 3 or 4 free written exam programs, and there are the Sporty Pilot DVD's on Youtube, and a bunch of others. Plus another 100 or so websites where you can learn ground school stuff, practice VOR stuff and helicopter aerodynamics.

I used to maintain a website with links to all the freebie resources, then one day AOL decided to stop hosting it without notice, and poof....all gone!

Goldy