Selling off helicopter stuff

jtravis1

Hey all. I am not sure if it is OK to post this here. Due to circumstances surrounding an accident that I was in, I am selling off much of my helicopter things. I appreciate the opportunity to post this on the forum and appologise if it should not be on here.

None of these things were involved in the accident or in the helicopter at the time.

Bose X headset battery power Like new cond with all paperwork and original boxes. $675 OBO

HGU-84P kevlar flight helmet. Used less then 5 hrs. Had made up from all new materials by oregon aero. Wired with civilian elec noise canceling mic. XL size. Hush kit, comfort seals and soft seal ear cups. Comes with two extra new spare visors (1 clear, 1 tint) and a helmet bag. Have over $1000 invested. $675 OBO (will throw in a unused set of NOMEX flight gloves with the deal

Two brand new in wrapper 100% aramid NOMEX flight suits size 44 short. I am 5'9 and they fit perfect. Probably good for even taller depending on inseam length. These sell for over $200 each new. Will take half that at $100 a piece.

Shipping will be actual charges, UPS.

Pictures are attached.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Thanks

Justin

post-2387-1259716311_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716331_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716348_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716366_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716383_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716398_thumb.jpg

post-2387-1259716416_thumb.jpg

Justin- good to see you back on here. There were some other posts out there wondering how you were doing since the accident and wishing you well. In case you didnt read them, I am passing the good wishes along.

Goldy

Justin- good to see you back on here. There were some other posts out there wondering how you were doing since the accident and wishing you well. In case you didnt read them, I am passing the good wishes along.

Goldy

Thanks Goldy. I'm doing OK. Just still dealing with all the legal things that probably always happen after such an accident. I really cant speak much about the actual accident now, but I am sure there will be a time in the future where it will be appropriate.

For now I am being realistic and dont think I really have a need for a lot of stuff I still have. Not to mention a practically new set of BAC ground handling wheels, extra full set of 500 "c" model door glass, full set of covers, ground APU cart, and some piston stuff too like mag timer, spark plug cleaner tester,oil filter cutter.....etc. I guess when you start buying helicopters you collect all kinds of other stuff too. ;)

Again, thanks for all the warm wishes.

Justin

Hey, Justin - good to see you back, mang. Wish you were taller and didn't have such a big head or I'd be snatching up some gear :D

Good luck on the sale, your recovery, and have a happy holiday season. I'm glad you're here to enjoy it.

..... didn't have such a big head

On a sizing note. Gentex helmets run a little small. I dont consider myself to have a large head......but this is how they run by sizing.

XL is from 22 1/2 to 23 1/2 circumference. I am just a little smaller then 22 1/2 (22 1/4) but it fits quite well. I did not want to order a large and have it be too tight. Large being 21 1/2 - 22 1/2.

Again....thanks for the well wishes!

Justin, welcome back, will you be able to fly in the future? how is your recovery?

Good luck on your sales.

Headset and one flightsuit are sold.

I am sorry to say that I discovered an issue with the helmet. I took it out of the bag to see if my airplane adaptor was on it and I saw a problem. My friends moved many of the things out of the hanger for me. I am guessing someone must have set something heavy on the helmet bag. This caused it to be pressed in on the ears and resulted in a 2" crack being formed by the ear.

The crack in the outermost shell which is paper thin. In fact the layer that is cracked is not much thicker then the paint that covers the helmet. (never seen how they are made). It does not appear as if the crack goes all the way through. I can not feel it from the backside.

These helmets are completely modular so I am sure all the parts could be swapped with another shell. I think I picked the bare shell up for $250 before sending it to oregon aero for upfitting.

Not knowing a lot about these helmets, I am not sure if the crack is only superficial or if it could be repaired. I would ask someone who knows.

For this reason, I am taking offers on the helmet (obviously not at 675). But, for example, the mic itself was $100 not counting all the coms, wiring or oregon aero upgrades which can easily be swapped to another helmet.

So...make an offer if you care to. Sorry for any inconvenience.