Need creative name for new dog!

AdminLB

Howdy all,

BACKGROUND - Just had to put down one of our 3 dogs yesterday. She was a 13 year old shepard mix mutt named LJ that we rescued as a puppy.

Oddly enough, the very day before, we decided to get our daughter a new puppy. In the back of my mind I knew LJ was on her way out, so the timing should be OK.

Here is the fun part for me. My wife and daughter have been PESTERING me for a solid year to get a new puppy and I would not relent, (I was waiting for 2 of the 3 old dogs to check out, as I already had 3 dogs and 3 horses on the property). Well, I can see that it is now happening and I thought Christmas time would be as good as any to relent to the puppy idea.

I told my daughter that she could get a new puppy under the following conditions: 1 - She had to take care of all the work that comes with a puppy, 2 - I get to NAME IT!

After much research we picked out a brindle colored female Boston Terrier. Since she is two weeks old and we cannot take her home until Feb 1, 2010, so I have a full month to torture my daughter (in fun) with name possibilities.

The new dogs housemate is a 4 year old lab/chow mix named Buddy. He is SUPER smart. Best dog I have ever had!

I am leaning toward the names of "Ethel" or "MoMo"..........Buddy and Ethel.......or Buddy and Momo!

I want something with character and over the top! Any ideas? Pics available if needed.

May sound corny but, it was the first thing that popped into my head, how about "Tea", as in Boston Tea Party, "T" for terrier and and tiny. My daughter is wanting a "weenie" dog but, I don't think I'll give in, have known a few and they seem to have a bad rep for house training. Besides we already have a 56# beagle that is a handful++. Good luck and merry Christmas. See ya at the expo in Feb. I hope.

There was an airport cat that hangs out around my office and it didn't have a tail. We dubbed it NOTAR. Good luck with your dog name.

That is pretty cool.

OK, sing along now....Her name was Lola, she was a show dog, ......oops wrong words.

Buddy & Lola!

Lynn, are you making FIRC at HAI? Do I get to sit next to an industry icon again?

Mike

My dear late pekahuahua was MOMO, short for Smokey, so that's cool. But I thought of Vortex, being here duh. Easily shorted 'tex', since they only hear that anyway. Good luck & Merry C-mas from Tim & Juice!

OK, sing along now....Her name was Lola, she was a show dog, ......oops wrong words.

Buddy & Lola!

Lynn, are you making FIRC at HAI? Do I get to sit next to an industry icon again?

Mike

Haha, that is funny! My wife likes Lula, but I just read a book where Lula was a "lady of the night" in a seedy part of town, soooooo...... I did like Toot below, that is kinda cute. We also have Ethel, MoMo, and Ellie on the table.

I am not sure if I should do the FIRC at HAI or save a few bucks and some time and do it online. I have not decided yet. Icon? Who you talkin bout? I am just another schmoe trying to carve out a small peice of the industry pie and do some good before I go to meet my maker.

I read a good quote last night from Churchill - "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".