Commercial Airplane written to suffice for Commercial Helicopter Written

nicoleev32

Greetings.

I have taken the Commercial Airplane written exam, however, I am not a Commercial Airplane or Helicopter pilot. I am a PPL ASEL and RTR-HEL. Will the airplane written exam suffice for the helicopter written exam, as I am pursuing a Commercial Helicopter Certificate?

Where do I find this information specifically stated?

Cheers,

Nicole

Unless you take your commercial airplane ride FIRST, then add-on the commercial roto/heli.

Same goes for CFI, ATP, Instrument, etc.

Not quite. For the CFI the FOI still applies, but you do have to do a CFI-H (add-on) written. Same for the CFII. If you already have a FW CFII you can CFII-H (add-on). And the same for the ATP. I just did the ATP-H (add-on) and many of the questions are FW questions.

Not quite. For the CFI the FOI still applies, but you do have to do a CFI-H (add-on) written. Same for the CFII. If you already have a FW CFII you can CFII-H (add-on). And the same for the ATP. I just did the ATP-H (add-on) and many of the questions are FW questions.

Yeah......"same goes for the CFI, ATP, Instrument." You can't take the airplane *initial* test, then use it for a helicopter test.

For CFI, CFII, ATP, Inst.......if you're adding-on, you take the "add-on" test--usually 25 questions and out of the bank of questions exclusively for the aircraft category your adding-on. But you're right, it's amazing how many airplane questions are on the ATP-H test.

No add-on [written] test for Private & Commercial.