Im in the army now!

Well, i joined the US Army!

I tried to go street to seat as I am a CFII with 600+ hours but one thing stopped me from getting through, my credit.

So to get around this issue and still pursue my goal of flying i enlisted and will have all of my debt paid off in 3 years and credit repaired or at least much better looking then now, then from there i will drop my WOFT packet again and hopefully be ok.

Im really excited though. It isnt the route i had hoped for, but i think spending some time as a soldier first will strengthen my case as a WOFT candidate when the time comes, and i will still feel good as i am working towards my ultimate goal in a positive manner, and with my credit and debt all taken care of things should work out in the long run.

Sorry for the rant but i just am getting more and more excited to ship out so i thought id spill the beans........

Seems wierd that credit of all things would keep you from getting in. I would think your experience would have been more desired than someone without any experience and good credit.

I agree, that is very strange. Where along the way did you get denied?

I at least hope you got into an aviation MOS as an enlisted soldier. Preferably maintainer, that way in a year or so you can go crew chief and fly with the birds, then eventually put in your warrant packet. Good luck to you! Got out this month after 6 years of being a Blackhawk crew chief. :) Going civilian now.

Edited by RagMan

sorry for the delay, was out of town for Christmas....

Anyway, yeah they tried to talk me into Infantry, which i considered for a while cause i like that stuff, but in the end i chose helicopter repairer so i can stay involved with an aviation unit. So wel will see how it pans out in a few years i guess....

sorry for the delay, was out of town for Christmas....

Anyway, yeah they tried to talk me into Infantry, which i considered for a while cause i like that stuff, but in the end i chose helicopter repairer so i can stay involved with an aviation unit. So wel will see how it pans out in a few years i guess....

Awesome, which airframe will you be working on? i.e. 15Y, 15T, etc? Good luck with everything!!

• 3 weeks later...