Helicopter Academy

If you have gone to Helicopter Academy, and started to work on their contract with boatpix.com I have a question for you. Do you have to pay for the flight time while your out flying and taking the pictures for them?

Any student who trains with Helicopter Adacemy and does all training through the 300 hour program pays for the first 300 hours. Based on a few factors, after your training they will offer you a job with pay to get to 1000 hours. I am flying with the compamy now and have 800 hours. Just started last June.

I believe you do but, I am not certain. The website says "$150hr plus fuel, oil, and landing fees, about $50hr". If you send a text to the owner Tom he will let you know, he seems to be good about responding. He sent me a text that said they pay you @ $20,000yr to fly, not sure how that works if you pay them too. I didn't follow up 'cause I am not near any boats here in KS.

I believe you do but, I am not certain. The website says "$150hr plus fuel, oil, and landing fees, about $50hr".

This is actually for guys who didn't attend BoatPix and are flying with them to build time--like somebody who needs to get from 200 to 300 hours so they can get on Pathfinder's insurance.

If you are from Kansas City, Misssouri you'll find that we keep a helicopter in Springfield, Missouri but it could easily be relocated to Clinton, Missouri for you to train in and this is about an hour and a half away from you. If you go to maps.google.com you'll see that near Clinton are several big lakes. My original plan was to keep the helicopter right at the "Lake of the Ozarks" area airport but the first student was a little closer to a grass strip near Springfield and we got permission to keep it there. As there was no avgas there we moved it to Sprinfield which is a little further away from the lake. Feel free to go to the "contacts" page and call the CFI Matt there and have a chat with him. All the contact information is listed on all the instructors and myself:

Annapolis, Maryland Nick Shoemaker, CFI shoeman74@msn.com 206-786-5980

Chicago (Lansing) Illinois Jeff Wojtowicz, CFI jjwspintop@hotmail.com 520-275-1566

Torrance, California Mike Crane, CFI helidad@mac.com 714-642-6390

Springfield, Missouri Matt Huggins, CFI mhuggins79@aol.com 325-665-9161

Houston, Texas Ben Justesen, CFII airborneben@gmail.com 520-444-4230

Seattle, Washington Trenton Diles CFI trenton929@hotmail.com 619-890-0221

Portland/Bend, Oregon Marcus Olmstead, CFI marcus.olmstead@yahoo.com 541-848-2720

New Bern/Wilmington, NC Jonathan Hall, CFI jonathangoodmanhall@gmail.com 941-400-1513

Pensacola/Panama City, FL Raphael Mahaim AGI,CFII rmahaim@hotmail.com 505 310 3815

Newport, RI Ben Neel ben.neel1@gmail.com 401-258-4590

Ft Lauderdale, Florida Trish Nowicki, CFI trishnowicki@gmail.com 954-648-2003

Atlanta, Georgia Jeff Wojtowicz, CFI jjwspintop@hotmail.com 520-275-1566

Miami, Florida Luis Morales, CFI ame_lamm@hotmail.com 305-397-6169

West Palm Beach Martin Sintov, CFI mjsintov@yahoo.com 941-544-3322

Houston, TX Lea Ratcliff, CFI laratcliff@hotmail.com 214-454-4898

New York, New York Chez Fogel, CFI nyhelopilot@gmail.com 845-492-1318

Chief Pilot Dr. Dave Smith, CFII hac.chief@gmail.com 801-209-7777

If you have gone to Helicopter Academy, and started to work on their contract with boatpix.com I have a question for you. Do you have to pay for the flight time while your out flying and taking the pictures for them?

When you have 300 hours and cfi you get paid $20/hour as an independent contractor. Until you reach 300 hours you pay into the systemt to meet the insurance requirments. You might fly 1000 hours a year but this is dependent on the number of incoming students. The BOATPIX photo contract showers you with a great number of hours and call me at 561-346-2816 as I founded and run both BOATPIX and HelicotperAcademy.com

I flew about 10 hours with BoatPix a few years ago. It was a great experience, I had a lot of fun, and it was an inexpensive way to build flight time. (I needed the extra 10 hours for my SFAR in the R22 before my CFI check ride.)

While I never worked for BoatPix per se, a few friends of mine did, all of whom are flying turbine jobs now.

The owner is a stand-up guy to work with and very customer-oriented.