USAR to Guard

Hi. Name is Dutch and I am in the process of transferring to the SC Guard to become a pilot. I jumped through all the hoops and filled out all the paperwork and got accepted. I am just waiting for a conditional release from the Reserve to be able to join the Guard. Has anyone ever experienced this type of transition or knows what I can expect from the Guard (other than all the s*** talking you hear). What are my options if my conditional release gets rejected?

• 1 month later...

250 views and no reply. This is indeed a unique situation but to give the good news I got the conditional release from the Reserve approved. Now I have to swear in with the Guard before I will be able to go any further. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

Dutch.

Update: Will be swearing in with the SC Guard this Friday, and will start the Fed Rec process right after. Packet already complete, just waiting on Friday to be able to proceed. What can I expect from the Fed Rec board or process overall?

Dutch.

• 1 month later...

I'n a SSG with 7 years in so I won't need basic and will get to do the short WOCS. I do have to hustle with the distance learning. Now I will get to start over as a candidate, but it will all be for the best. Can't wait to get started and get WOC and SERE out of the way so the fun can begin. Let us know when you find something out Seth. It would be great to meet up at rucker.

Dutch

I leave on april 1 to Jackson for basic, I wanted it to be soon, but wow, 6 days. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait to start m army career.

-Seth

WHOA!!!!

whoa.

Did they give you a few options? Ask if you wanted to leave sooner or later? Or did they just say "you're leaving in 6 days, no arguments"?