Changing from Restricted to Normal & back to Restricted daily

yzchopper

What is involved in changing from Restricted category (using helicopter for cropdusting right now) to Normal category for doing tours, aerial photography, or flight training? Is there any daily inspections or major changes that need to be done? Has anyone done this before? Can it be done? If not... Why? Can you just take the spray tank and equipment off, wash the helicopter and then go do some tours? Sorry for all the questions. I was just approached about this today and did not have the regulations handy to give a direct answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

i believe xyz is merely asking what it takes to change category operation on a dual category certificate.

example: your 206 is spraying in the morning in the restricted category and then you want to do some flight instruction or tours in the afternoon.

All it takes is removing the restricted equipment and a logbook signoff. Some installations even allow some of the equipment to be left in place to make the change quicker and still ok for normal category ops. Same when switching to restricted. Very easy, the logbook signoff is as easy as an oil change and most spray equipment is pretty quick as well.

I'm not following 67's train of thought... except to say that if the helicopter is not authorized to receive a standard airworthiness certificate in the normal category then the dual category operations would be prohibited.... but for a 206A like you mentioned... no problem.

Okay, Thanks for the replys. Great information. I will pass this on. I did not see this information in the FAR's. Is there a section that explains this? How do you, and what does it take to make an aircraft certified for dual category?

Steve