Anyone Here Work in Australia

muppetdog

I have just started researching the Australian job market and what it would take to obtain a license and gain employment down there. If any of you have any experience working there and know how I could go about working towards this, I would be interested to hear from you. I am looking specifically at the utility market but would be interested to hear about other possible flying opportunities there might be the AU market.

I am most interested in required qualifications for different jobs and what the salaries are like.

Thanks in advance,

MD

I was thinking about this today. Started to do some research, but got side tracked so I did not get very far. So I too, am interested in the Australian job market. I will post any information that I find that is useful.

I have just started researching the Australian job market and what it would take to obtain a license and gain employment down there. If any of you have any experience working there and know how I could go about working towards this, I would be interested to hear from you. I am looking specifically at the utility market but would be interested to hear about other possible flying opportunities there might be the AU market.

I am most interested in required qualifications for different jobs and what the salaries are like.

Thanks in advance,

MD

Right now it is difficult to get work in Australia. There are not as many helicopter job opportunities as there might be in the U.S.. The challenges you are facing are first off, Immigration issues, visa issues, work issues and finally, relocating to Australia.

Don't want to discourage you at this point but I think that the Immigration issue will be the most formidable. Unless you have a CommonWealth Passport and/or resident (or non-resident) Visa, it is going to take you up to a year at least to get those items in order. Even then they may not grant.

If you are under the age of 45, it will be a bit easier to obtain a Visa (for work). Over the age of 45, don't bother. The next issue with the working Visa is to obtain some kind of a work sponsorship (depending upon the type of Visa). Mind you at this point, there are currently many pilots in Australia who have had to become expatriate because of no flying jobs in Australia. The Aussies aren't going to want have a foreigner coming into the country taking a flying job from an Aussie.

For more information up to this point, go to the Australian Immigration website and study up on the different migration schemes. It's not going to give you any warm fuzzies!

www.immi.gov.au

I'm not going to even discuss the job industry. It makes no point if you can't even get into the country to work.

Always available if you need further discouragement!!!

Cheers

Rotorrodent

I was thinking about this today. Started to do some research, but got side tracked so I did not get very far. So I too, am interested in the Australian job market. I will post any information that I find that is useful.

Same info that I posted for muppetdog. You are better off trying to find a job in the U.S.. We just returned from Australia having lived there for 8 years. Flying jobs are very difficult to find. There just isn't that much demand in Australia to serve a population of 20mil.

Cheers

Rotorrodent