R66 Now for sale

Goldy

Robinson has announced they are taking positions for the new R66. Cruises at 120 knots, so looks a bit faster than the 44 RII.

$770,000.00 buys you a brand new 66. It can also buy you a really nice used 206B3, or a higher time 206L4.

Personally, I'll pass. But I will be happy to take a ride in yours if you wish !

Goldy

I would take the 500D also. I'm looking at an ad right now for a 1981 MD500D with 6351 TTSN with over 70% good times remaing at $515,000. Here is another MD500D for $495,000 with only 6055.5 TTAF

Question I'm wondering is, will it be added to the SFAR training requirements

How different is it from a 44? I'm guessing not much, so my guess the FAA will add it to SFAR.

The R44 will actually cruise at 130kts (below 2200lbs gross weight) :huh:

I've never flown a RavenI that will cruise with a load much past 110 knots. My definition of cruise is MP at or below continuous rating, and no loss of altitude.

I do fly a RavenII that bips along at 110-115, but with 4 people, I can't get near red line without losing altitude.

They are fast ships, no doubt. Ever notice how much more power it takes to increase speed once your past 100 knots or so?

Back to the original post, here is a link to the price list for the 66.

Ack....did you check out the note on the bottom - I think maybe that was put there because of me....

I wonder how they do that...?

Ack....did you check out the note on the bottom - I think maybe that was put there because of me....

I wonder how they do that...?

Here's a link to the official spec sheet: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103021928380...ieYwPeiL-ES6YMg

You mean "OVER", or "Clear Windshield available".

OK, just kidding. Having seen your photos, yes, no doubt they added the "extra" electronics verbage. By doing that, they can simply say that in the event of any accident/incident that you added "non approved electrical items" and wash their hands. Typical manufacturer shifting liability wherever they can. I'm not knocking them, they would be foolish not to do it!

Hows that 500 doing? I keep trying to get down there and see the guys at Newport Beach PD and you.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy