In case anyone is looking for manuals/books

I'm looking for the parts book and maintenance manuals for the S300C. Anyone know where I could get those. Looking for a good deal on them. I know Schweizer sells them but do not know for how much. I bought the same manuals but for the R22 and it was like $180.00 for both from Robinson. Also does anyone know how much it would cost to buy a helicopter dollie or any kind of a helicopter landing pad. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

YZchopper, I suggest that you purchase manuals from the Manufacturer and register your airframe and engine serial number with them. Most come with a subscription update service from their Publications department. This way, you get current manuals (POH, MM, IPC, Std Practices) and future Revisions to maintain your aircraft to current approved/recommended procedures and practices. POH revisions are usually included with airframe ownership but registration for others will make sure that Pubs department has your current mailing addy. Use of current manuals is required for continued airworthiness. Be Safe, MikeMV

YZchopper, I suggest that you purchase manuals from the Manufacturer and register your airframe and engine serial number with them. Most come with a subscription update service from their Publications department. This way, you get current manuals (POH, MM, IPC, Std Practices) and future Revisions to maintain your aircraft to current approved/recommended procedures and practices. POH revisions are usually included with airframe ownership but registration for others will make sure that Pubs department has your current mailing addy. Use of current manuals is required for continued airworthiness. Be Safe, MikeMV

Thanks Mike, I will inform the school owner of this recommendation. He told me after posting this he was leaning towards just buying from the manufacture. He wants everything to be current, correct and by the book as he will be the one to maintain the helicopter and do some flights in it as well. Again thanks for the feed back.

Best regards,

Steve

The maintenance manual will have 2 come from Schweizer... sometimes u can find an old copy on ebay but u don't want that.

The parts manual can be found online here...http://www.airfliteok.com/parts.asp

The service notes/letters are now online also here...http://www.sacusa.com/support/service_faa.asp

I think the HMI with all sections is like $400 (handbook of maintenance instructions)

u also need to know what serial number aircraft u have because they consolidated the C model manual after serial number 1800 or so...

Edited by apiaguy

The maintenance manual will have 2 come from Schweizer... sometimes u can find an old copy on ebay but u don't want that.

The parts manual can be found online here...http://www.airfliteok.com/parts.asp

The service notes/letters are now online also here...http://www.sacusa.com/support/service_faa.asp

I think the HMI with all sections is like $400 (handbook of maintenance instructions)

u also need to know what serial number aircraft u have because they consolidated the C model manual after serial number 1800 or so...

I talked with Debbie Anderson at publications with Sikorsky and she gave me the break down. If you buy a MHI second hand, it is not considered certified but just a copy which is illegal if you are using it as a reference to do maintenance. The only way it is legal is if it is being used on the helicopter with the appropriate serial numbers. I was told the MHI book has to be purchased from the factory with the appropriate serial numbers given. Also here is what I was quoted for pricing.

HMI...$950.00 paper form

IPC...$795.00 paper form

HMI, IPC, & SB...$595.00 CD form (BEST DEAL IMHO)

PFM (POH)...$149.00

1yr updates subscription...$40.00

Thanks for all the replys and help the manuals.

Another couple of questions:

Does anyone know the pros & cons of using a helicopter dollie? What kinda price ranges am I looking at? What company makes a good dollie platform that they would be willing to recommend me to contact? Would it be more cost effective to make my own? What are the main materials that a dollie is made out of? Steel, Aluminum, angle iron, wood, rubber, wheels (solid rubber, or tubed)???? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Steve

wow.. they jacked up the paper price to try to get people to get the cd copy... oh well.

dollies... if you hangar anymore than 100 feet from where you can land (safely and reliably), I would recommend it. We built our own... most I see are homebuilt. Depending on how far you are towing it and how beefy you need it to be you can pretty much make it out of anything. Ours currently is steel frame with 8" inflatable tires on forward casters with a 2" ball hitch. The deck is 2X6's.. all the way across, which makes it pretty heavy.. we tow with a lawn tractor and it is no prob for the 300. I think it's 8X10 and it's pretty heavy duty... we did have to upgrade the wheel/tire combo... If the taxiway is smooth where you are you could make it with the steel casters with urethane coatings. Whatever you want...

If you buy it pre-made I think they're spendy...

You should be able to make one for $1000. (if you can weld)

google helicopter dollie...

Edited by apiaguy

wow.. they jacked up the paper price to try to get people to get the cd copy... oh well.

dollies... if you hangar anymore than 100 feet from where you can land (safely and reliably), I would recommend it. We built our own... most I see are homebuilt. Depending on how far you are towing it and how beefy you need it to be you can pretty much make it out of anything. Ours currently is steel frame with 8" inflatable tires on forward casters with a 2" ball hitch. The deck is 2X6's.. all the way across, which makes it pretty heavy.. we tow with a lawn tractor and it is no prob for the 300. I think it's 8X10 and it's pretty heavy duty... we did have to upgrade the wheel/tire combo... If the taxiway is smooth where you are you could make it with the steel casters with urethane coatings. Whatever you want...

If you buy it pre-made I think they're spendy...

You should be able to make one for $1000. (if you can weld)

google helicopter dollie...

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of using steel and the 2X6's as well but making our deck 10 ft square with the 8-10" inflatable tires. As for the terrain it is mostly smooth and flat asphalt. And yes the LZ is going to be like 150-200ft away from the hanger. Again thanks.

Steve

Yzchopper, 10' square is small. Yes, it will hold the helo but not ladders or work stands very well. I suggest you measure the skid width or better yet, put a ladder or work stand on each side of the helo on the ground, tape out the width and add some in case the helo is not always centered! I built a dolly for my B206L back in 1983 and made it 14' wide by 16' long. decking was 2x12sx 16'. then 4 sheets of plywood, two centered under each skid and replaceable as they wear. Dolly is still going today. It was overbuilt but the maintenace people loved it and less hangar rash from ladders and work stands. Lay it out around the helo and you will get an idea of what works for you. Mike

Mikemv,

Thank you for that information. I will do the ladder thing. It makes perfect sense. According to the flight manual on the S300C a full squat on the helicopter makes the skids spread out to a max of 6'6.5" and the skid length is 8'3", so I thought the 10' square would be good but since you mentioned the ladder that is not good enough. Would you by chance have any pictures that you would like to share with me of the dollie platform you built? Thanks in advance. Also thank you apiaguy for the helpful information that you have given me. I do appreciate all the help.

Steve