Some words of encouragement...

WOLF13

I have to agree with WOLF on this one. Its better to have a positive attitude regardless of any situation one may be in. As far as flooded markets go, the helicopter industry isn't standing alone. Just to give an example of what I mean, within the next 2-4 years the physical therapy job market is going to be absolutely ridiculous. Everyone and their brother is going to college for physical therapy/sports science these days. The market is going to be so competitive, that only the top students will be hired (this is known as "gatekeeping"). The students could start their own practice but thats another ball game altogether. Out of my high school graduating class, I would say that 25% of students attended college for a physical science degree. This is true for many high schools across the area (Pittsburgh) and one city can only support so many physical therapists. This would mean that the students would either have to move out of the area, which many are unwilling to do, or to switch to another profession altogether.

This same situation can be said about education and nursing. I cant speak for other areas around the country, but I have heard that education is especially a problem across the nation.

Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to say that this isn't the only industry that is flooded. Many of my friends are regretting going to school for PT and are switching their majors.