Robinson's track record

rotowing

Guess you can call it what you may!!

Life is good, don't spoil it by dying in a Robbie

Dude- We all have our likes and dislikes in helicopters. If I had my total choice I think you would find me in a A119 Koala.....but I dont have that kind of money, so I look for something reasonable, auto's like a dream, lots of power. I choose to fly an R44.

I don't feel it is unsafe. I've flown a 300, I've flown a 333, I enjoy flying an old Bell 47...but my daily driver is still the R44.

There is a reason why it is the single most popular helicopter ever built. Enstrom builds a nice ship, they build 12 or 15 a year. Robinson builds 50 R44's a month! In fact there are about 5,500 R44's produced since 1993. Thats more ships than just about every other model we're talking about combined!

As a comparison the Jetranger started in 1967...it took 43 years for Bell to build 7300 ships of different models. Robinson built 5500 R44's in just 17 years. You mention the 269/300/300C ships..there are only 3000 of them ever built.

Total Robinson helicopters built as of today, my estimate is 10,000 as there are about 4500 R22's. So use that number, roughly 3.3X the number as the 269/300 series aircraft and compare away.

Anyway, think whatever you want. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of your Robbie bashing.

Goldy

99% of all accidents are listed as pilot era

:lol:

In that case why don't we wait 30 years, maybe by then all helicopters will be UAVs, and the pilot era will be over..

don't bother Goldy, I don't think he read any of the replies.

Edited by lelebebbel

Well sorry to ruffle your feathers but first my name is not Dude,and to each his on choice of what they fly and just because they build more helicopters a day, month and year don't mean they are better! Quality takes time! Yugo built thousands a month too!! I express my feelings toward Robbies and if you dont agree SORRY!!

Sorry lilybell, I did read replys but dont change my mind!

Fly safe or fly cheap, YOUR LIFE!!

Edited by rotowing

Rotowing (Dude),

Out of interest what do you fly? Why such a dislike for the Robbies? Since you don't have any info in your profile maybe you would like to share your experience with us?

I just got a job flying ag and guess what they use, 44's. My employer wouldn't use anything else and has never had a mechanical issue with them. Some of us don't have the privilege of flying a "real helicopter", whatever the hell that means. It takes more skill to fly in a robbie than it does in a 300.

The number of machines out there is very significant in the ratio of accidents. If you can't see why thats not our fault, stop being ignorant.

Edited by Trans Lift

By the way that "Fly safe or fly cheap, it's your life" comment is f*****g stupid. I reckon there are more people killed in expensive machines over the less expensive ones!

Well since you insist on calling me Dude.Lets say I call you prick, fair?

Don't know why Robbie pilots think they are better pilots, not all them by the way ,but you said it yourself , you have to have better skills! Another opinion! Like I said before if you like a Robbie more power to you, I don't!

Just for your record I,ve flown the 269 -A,B,C. 300c, cb, Hughs 500. Enstrom 280Fx, Gazell, Bell 206, and OH-58.

Don't care what anyone else flys, Read the NTSB crash reports looking for another crash and It got my attention on how many crashed in 365 days.

just for you-----Fly safe or fly cheap, YOUR LIFE!!

Edited by rotowing

Well in all fairness there is a difference in calling someone dude and calling someone prick. It's very easy to call names but I'm not going to lower myself to your level. I'm by no means an experienced robbie pilot, most my time is in 300's. You haven't flown one then, eh?

You're right, it is my life. I will continue to fly safely in my less expensive machine. Thank you!

Dude,

No need to start calling people pricks. Its rude and uncalled for. Looks like you failed hard at trolling, dude. Now you just feel the need to call people names.

And I'm sure you've flown all of those. You sound like such a great pilot. God i wish I was such an awesome dude like you.

G'day dude. Keep trying to bash robbies. I'm sure youre making a huge difference.

BUAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

Well since you insist on calling me Dude.Lets say I call you prick, fair?

Don't know why Robbie pilots think they are better pilots, not all them by the way ,but you said it yourself , you have to have better skills! Another opinion! Like I said before if you like a Robbie more power to you, I don't!

Just for your record I,ve flown the 269 -A,B,C. 300c, cb, Hughs 500. Enstrom 280Fx, Gazell, Bell 206, and OH-58.

Don't care what anyone else flys, Read the NTSB crash reports looking for another crash and It got my attention on how many crashed in 365 days.

just for you-----Fly safe or fly cheap, YOUR LIFE!!

Told everyone I have never flown one and don't intend to. Never said I was a better pilot or had to have better skills to fly what I have. Had a friend that had a r22 , always tried to get me to go fly with him, never did! Thank God for America, I can say what I like and don't like. Been offered a Mini 500 and Gyro to fly too. not gonna do it!! Each his own! May die tomorrow in something beside a Robbie and thats ok with me because thats my choice.

Fly safe or fly your choice --- Better?

Well Inferior, since you had to add your 2 cents worth guess you got your information correct LOWLY!. Never said I was a great pilot but thanks for thinking that, guess I should be humbled. Sounds like you got your panties in a wad so I sure want call you Dude! Never said I would make a difference! Let me guess your one of the ones I said before thinks they are better than the rest, maybe a Silver State Grad? OOPPPS forgot what the flew!

P, S. Not here to impress you anyway!

Fly safe auto's are easy in a Hover around!!

Edited by rotowing

As a comparison the Jetranger started in 1967...it took 43 years for Bell to build 7300 ships of different models. Robinson built 5500 R44's in just 17 years. You mention the 269/300/300C ships..there are only 3000 of them ever built.

Total Robinson helicopters built as of today, my estimate is 10,000 as there are about 4500 R22's. So use that number, roughly 3.3X the number as the 269/300 series aircraft and compare away.

Anyway, think whatever you want. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of your Robbie bashing.

Goldy

Got into this one a little late, but totally agree with Goldy. The numbers speak for themselves. Some people have issues that this forum can't cure.

IR

Wow, interesting read. I think the OP of this thread is entitled to his opinion, but I do not believe it is based in fact.

Think of all the "dangerous" machines that have pioneered a new era in safety and performance.

The Honda CB750 motorcycle was known as a "widowmaker" in it's day - not because it was unsafe (it was one of the safest bikes of it's day thanks to a front disc brake), but because it offered a level of performance never before available to the public - a public that was largely unskilled in the handling of a high performance machine. Still today, we regularly see teenagers killed at the helm of GSXR's capabale of reaching 160+ MPH. Is it the machine that's unsafe?

The Porsche 911 is another example of a "dangerous" machine. With it's tail mounted engine (rear weight bias) and high horsepower, they have a propensity for snap oversteer (although largely tamed today by wide rear tires and stability control software). The legendary 930 turbo was particularly nasty and surprised more than a few seasoned professional drivers in it's day - it's also one of the most revered and desirable 911's of all time. So, how many North American drivers know how to properly drive a 400 hp car that has 65% of it's weight over the rear wheels?

Although I think the OP's maligning of the Robinson is misguided by ignorance, I do respect his beliefs - there are too many people in the world who don't know and respect their limits, and they cause needless bodily injury/death to themselves and innocent bystanders every day. I appreciate his choice to not operate a machine that he believes is beyond his abilities.

But I am also thankful that the ignorant minority of the 1960's didn't win the day and kill the Porsche 911 or the Kawasaki Z1. I simply cannot imagine a world without the Porsche 911...

I'm going to do this last post on this subject. I still don't think that just because Robinson built thousands of heicopters that it is acceptable to have 47 crashes in just one year,and thats all I researched. There are thousands other aircraft in this country including ultra lights , homebuilts and no doubt there are lots of dangerous aircraft and of all the aircraft ever built,be it home built or factory built, Robinson is the only one to date that the FAA has required special requirments in the FAR. Don't think it's because its safer by any means!

Everyone is intitled to their opinion and these are mine on the robbie, being that said, just because you love your girlfriend or wife don't mean I would kiss her much less sleep with her!

To each their likes!

If this makes me stupid and ignorant like I've been called, so be it, but think you need to go look in the mirror before you pass judgment!!

Edited by rotowing

and of all the aircraft ever built,be it home built or factory built, Robinson is the only one to date that the FAA has required special requirments in the FAR.

Not true, Guess you've never flown a Mitsubushi MU 2...SFAR 108.

In my earlier post, I was simply trying to show that you have to adjust statistics based on how many aircraft there are out there flying. With 10,000 aircraft you obviously will have more accidents than say an Enstrom where there are around 1000 manufactured. So in that case, all hours flown being equal, you would expect that Robinsons have 10 times the accident rate as an Enstrom.

I know many R22's that are flown 100 hours a month in training, which is many times that of some aircraft out there.

We've had the argument before on safety. Bottom line, the pilot is a whole lot more responsible for safety than the aircraft anymore. Technology has taken us to the point where properly flown aircraft rarely are the cause of accidents. When flying, I feel my biggest threat is from other aircraft in a congested area, not an engine about to quit.

I'm going to do this last post on this subject. I still don't think that just because Robinson built thousands of heicopters that it is acceptable to have 47 crashes in just one year,and thats all I researched. There are thousands other aircraft in this country including ultra lights , homebuilts and no doubt there are lots of dangerous aircraft and of all the aircraft ever built,be it home built or factory built, Robinson is the only one to date that the FAA has required special requirments in the FAR. Don't think it's because its safer by any means!

Everyone is intitled to their opinion and these are mine on the robbie, being that said, just because you love your girlfriend or wife don't mean I would kiss her much less sleep with her!

To each their likes!

If this makes me stupid and ignorant like I've been called, so be it, but think you need to go look in the mirror before you pass judgment!!

Take a class in Aristotelian logic and then come back and read this thread again... :)

This thread is turning into a Just Helicopters Original thread!!! What a shame..

I have been reading Just Helicopter and VR forums since 97', this type of crap is REALLY getting old.

Mine is better than yours, blah blah blah......