Non Degree Ch. 33 helo schools

So I now about all the 2 year program schools out there but when I was researching the college of sequoias I saw that they have the A.A. program but they also so have a flight training only program. I contacted them and they let me know that their school should be covered (by the end of the year or begining of next) by the ch. 33 gi bill for the flight training only, they said it should be approved because its a college course out of a institution for higher learning and that the ch. 33 covers non degree programs. I am very interested in the flight training only without all the general education classes (i have a hard time relating art history with becoming a helicopter pilot) but I am un aware of any other schools starting the flight training only. Does anybody know of any other schools?

Edited by ridethewind

Upper Limit Aviation in Utah and Salt Lake Community College have teamed up for Ch.33 benefits and they have a certificate only program, that you can do if you don't want to do a full degree. I do believe that you do have to take a few Gen Ed courses, but this is like math and english course just in case later on you want to pursue a degree.

Edited by Rob M.

Upper Limit Aviation in Utah and Salt Lake Community College have teamed up for Ch.33 benefits and they have a certificate only program, that you can do if you don't want to do a full degree. I do believe that you do have to take a few Gen Ed courses, but this is like math and english course just in case later on you want to pursue a degree.

yea thats the A.A. or A.S. degree program im trying to avoid, I just think its ridiculous I have to take non relevant ge classes just so I am able to use my benefits, so I that means I have to waste my time, my knowledge, the schools time, and the governments money for one more year than needed, it just seems absolutely ridiculous to me and I dont really want to be part of something that makes no sense to me (im not very happy about the way the new gi bill was written if anyone cant tell). The college of sequoias seems alright but I kind of would like a more recognized school.

So, take some general ed classes while youre still active duty via tuition assistance. Thats my plan this summer, and have some classes over and done with. Less workload when you actually get to flight training. Plus you have credits in general ed, if you decide to pursue another career/degree

Well my point kind of is that I shouldnt have to take general education classes just so I can use my benifits, our country is in financial trouble I dont want the goverment to pay me thousands of dollars for a year more than whats needed, now im not going to make a dent on this countrys debt and I hate ge classes but think about how much money they are paying veterans to take general education classes that they probably wouldnt have taken if there were able to use ch. 33 for just flight training, at least the college of sequioas is getting the ball rolling, and I got out three years ago and I work crazy hours with a documentary company and there isnt time for school, not until december.

Edited by ridethewind

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I am not looking forward to doing more academics that IMO don't pertain to the aviation/helo industry. But I may as well take up the opportunity to do classes for free.

I'm curious though, what does a "professional pilot" degree get you? Because reading previous threads...it is obviously about the hours and experience that matter the most.

Will it be possible to get flight school and a degree [in something else other than professional heli pilot]...covered 100 percent? Like all of your training, then your degree in aviation/airport management

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I am not looking forward to doing more academics that IMO don't pertain to the aviation/helo industry. But I may as well take up the opportunity to do classes for free.

I'm curious though, what does a "professional pilot" degree get you? Because reading previous threads...it is obviously about the hours and experience that matter the most.

Will it be possible to get flight school and a degree [in something else other than professional heli pilot]...covered 100 percent? Like all of your training, then your degree in aviation/airport management

If the flight training was offered as just a class through a Institute of higher learning, for example once the college of sequioas gets their certificate degree covered I dont see why you wouldnt be able to take the course and use the credits towards another degree. Im not a expert in any way, It just make sense to me that it would be covered. But that point may be moot soon, you should check out my other thread I found the info out a little after I posted this, the American Legion in pushing a bill that would allow vets to go to any flight school under the ch. 33 gi bill

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.c...showtopic=12940