Embry-riddle carry more weight than uvu?

I'm impressed... You send me a pm attempting to bully me with threats... Here's the facts... You told some one seeking advise "to plan for failure" I then suggested they "Plan for Success" and you've since become upset and now are sending me a pm touting what a great COO you were outside of aviation and threaten any potential future employment I might have in this industry because you now have a commercial helicopter license...

Let me help you with your quote from Harvard Business "Failure to Plan = Planning to Fail" and in case you have a problem comprehending the definition, it simply means "Plan for Success"

So if you think you have the power to black list me because I won't follow your "plan for failure" go for it...

And since you love quotes so much here's one you should really enjoy...

"What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult."

Sigmund Freud

Kid,

Grow up or go troll for fights somewhere else on the Internet.

Guest pokey
I'm impressed... You send me a pm attempting to bully me with threats...

what kind of a VR member would do this? :o

I dont have a dog in this fight, but mister parmesian, you have no right to attack like this

WTF PEOPLE? WHEN DID THIS BECOME THE JH RUMOR BOARD? I'D LIKE TO THINK THAT WE/VR HAVE A LITTLE MORE DIGNITY AND RESPECT HERE.

Get on with providing the man an opinion.

College worked for me. I completed the ERAU Grad program about 8 years ago after finishing a totally unrelated BS degree. Had a passion for both of them, worked my a$$ off to earn the degrees - just like flying. None were easy, and I was far from the '10' hour solo student - that can also apply to the college programs too. I felt it was important to have the backup plan for the "what ifs" that could go beyond my control (medical pulled for stupid reason, economy, etc.). I also found later that education finally agreed with me (after some relatively poor HS grades), and I really began to enjoy studying and felt I could offer something back.

First, YOU have to decide if college degree is something you really want to chase down. Yeah, it's an investment, but it will be yours when completed, IMHO.

Second, contact some prospective employers (especially the Chief Pilots) and find out if it would make a difference. Maybe, maybe not. A college degree will usually help push the glass ceiling up, but I also know many individuals who started very successful businesses with not even a full HS degree.

Third, if school is for you, find out what schools would better suit you. Keep in mind tho, some have better alumni networks than others.

As a last point, I've come to know a lot of pilots who started flying helos commercially at a young age, and by the time they hit 40 - 45, they're either burned out, really wished they had finished a college degree, or both.

PM me if you want, I'll be happy to share my experiences. Do a search here in the forums for "College Degree" topics...there've been a few and they may help.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

...AND DON'T BE A$$ES. WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH IN DC.

what kind of a VR member would do this? :o

I dont have a dog in this fight, but mister parmesian, you have no right to attack like this

Pokey,

I didn't threaten her. She is making up stuff. She's a kid in high school whose throwing a temper tantrum. Just ignore her.

I'll say this nicely because I wouldn't want to offend your ego.

Mr Permison,

You've now sent me a second pm and for the second time you've told me and I'm quoting you here "So take my advice sit down, shut up, and listen." . So it would seem your the one throwing a temper tantrum and attempting to intimidate and bully.

I'm done wasting my time with you, so you can go a head and post whatever stupid attack you want because at this point you've made it clear to everyone your the one who's upset without a valid reason. So post away because I won't respond to any future attacks.

Pokey,

I didn't threaten her. She is making up stuff. She's a kid in high school whose throwing a temper tantrum. Just ignore her.

bobbycreager943,

You talking about two different things here which it appears have created some differences of opinions.

Flying helicopters for a living and getting a degree takes two vastly different paths even though the universities you mentioned attempt to combined the two. For example, you should be able to get helicopter training which would allow you to become employed (CFII) cheaper and quicker then attending one of these Universities. As for the degree, a degree may or may not help you get you a flying job. However, it will provide you with more options which a pilot certificate cannot. In short, a degree is much more valuable to you as a person by opening doors beyond a pilot seat. A pilot certificate will only get you the pilot seat. Make sense?

Go to a cheap collage and get your degree before getting into this. After the degree, go for your flight training. It’s easier this way. Lastly, ignore some of the BS going on here. My employer PAYS MORE for each level of degree…. It’s a no brainer my friend.

Good luck,

Spike

Go to a cheap collage and get your degree before getting into this. After the degree, go for your flight training. It’s easier this way. Lastly, ignore some of the BS going on here. My employer PAYS MORE for each level of degree…. It’s a no brainer my friend.

Sage advice. I would do this.