Mountain Ridge Helicopters

Has anyone trained at Mountain Ridge Helicopters (formerly Mountain Air?) They are located in Logan and Woodscross, UT.

http://mountainridgeheli.com/About.html

Never trained there but have heard nothing but good things from students. Also know the CFI that runs the woodscross school and know a few of them from Logan. They all have been flying for at least 4 years. There not looking to build time and get out... they care about instructing. If you can call and go visit them you will like what you see I promise.

Edited by helipilotm

Never trained there but have heard nothing but good things from students. Also know the CFI that runs the woodscross school and know a few of them from Logan. They all have been flying for at least 4 years. There not looking to build time and get out... they care about instructing. If you can call and go visit them you will like what you see I promise.

Thanks!! I actually did visit them along with 2 other schools in the area last September. They seemed very truthful and straightforward with honest motives. I just wanted to get a feel from anyone else who's trained/ heard about them. :)

Are you looking to move away from Bakersfield for school? If not, there are a few schools right in your backyard...

I'm actually looking to train in an area with both altitude and weather (and get outta Bakersfield, if you've been here you know what I mean!). So I visited schools in Utah, Colorado and Hawaii, and was most impressed by Mountain Ridge in Logan, UT. As a fixed wing pilot transitioning to helicopter, I'm just starting to learn what a small industry this is!

I'm actually looking to train in an area with both altitude and weather (and get outta Bakersfield, if you've been here you know what I mean!). So I visited schools in Utah, Colorado and Hawaii, and was most impressed by Mountain Ridge in Logan, UT. As a fixed wing pilot transitioning to helicopter, I'm just starting to learn what a small industry this is!

Yep, been to Bakersfield one too many times so I know what you mean!! There's also a good school in the Denver area...Colorado HeliOps...

I'm up north a few hours from Bakersfield, but not much altitude training up here...

What are your final intentions? Helicopter pilot? Or just to add a rating?

Yep, been to Bakersfield one too many times so I know what you mean!! There's also a good school in the Denver area...Colorado HeliOps...

I'm up north a few hours from Bakersfield, but not much altitude training up here...

What are your final intentions? Helicopter pilot? Or just to add a rating?

A couple hours North, Fresno area? Or on the coast? I visited Rotors of the Rockies when I went to Denver, which is across the way from Colorado HeliOps but unfortunately ran out of time and couldn't stop by there! My intentions are to complete my private add-on, instrument, commercial, CFI & CFII and hopefully get into the industry from there (instructing at first of course). Right now I am working my 7-5 desk job to save the $$ so I don't have to take out student loans. I'm new to the industry so any help is appreciated, I've heard both the positives and negatives but the passion for flying seems to outweigh everything for me!

I trained at Mountain Ridge from Pvt through CFII. It was a great experience! Everyone there is very honest, truthful, and fare. They are also very helpful after finishing when it comes to helping with networking and finding jobs. Also very very helpful when it comes to getting financing. I guess I really don't have any cons to throw in there so sorry for this being one sided.

P.S. Cost of living in Logan is VERY affordable, being a college town.