Help in Illinois... I need a ride for a lady!!

RkyMtnHI

Hey everybody..

We have a face book fan that dreams of flying in a helicopter.. She lives in Downers Grove Ill about fifty miles east of Chicago.. she has a disability which will most likely keep her from being a pilot.. but who knows.. if we dream big enough they come true.

Obviously we can't just fly up there and give her a ride, so i am hoping we can work something out to get her in the air. If there is anyone out there that is close enough to her to help please send me an email.. if we can't trade a ride or something like that... i'll pay for the flight my self...

Please email me at dp770@comcast.net

thanks for your time..

aloha,

dp

If it was nearer to me me in MA I'd get her up in the 44. My boss does stuff like that sometimes for people. Never charges. I hope it all works out for her and she has a great time!

Rky, I fly out of Lansing IL., but I only have my private, hope to be getting thru CFI & II by the fall. I'll let you know if things progress faster. I will probably have some time left over while working on the Commercial in July/August and would be happy to give her a ride in the 22, just not on the controls, sorry.

Tim

You folks are awesome.. emailed Kandace and will call A & M tomorrow.. I sincerely appreciate all of the offers and information..

get back with you on this..

ALOHA!!

dp

I have to admit.. i am touched by all of the offers.. karma has a way of getting right back to you!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all.. we had an amazing weekend at Heli-Ops with the Michael Franz Seminar and tons of helicopters on our ramp.. but i have to admit that the BEST part of the weekend was the email i got from this lady:

Hi Dennis, today my dream came true thanks to you and Kandace who is an excellent pilot. She flew in in her plane and gave the helicopter a pre-flight explaining everything to me. We flew over Lake Michigan along the shore-line and over houses and farms. I am a helicopter addict now for sure! I guess once you fly in one you can't get enough. It was the most wonderful feeling to fly like a bird and we hovered. Oh my dream! You are a very special person to me! Kandace is a very nice person who I wish could be my friend. I want to go to Colorado to thank you in person! You could pick me up in that beautiful Lear Jet. Ha HA! I love helicopters more because now I know what it feels like to fly in one. I did not wan to leave the R-22. Such a cute little helicopter. I wanted to take it home with me! Dennis Thank You with all my heart! I wish I could be a pilot and fly a helicopter! I took pictures and my husband took a short video. I will send them in the mail? Also what do I tell people I know about how I got to fly? Do I mention you or Kandace? Please write back to me and tell me what to do.Thank you sooo much again. The trouble is I want to fly again! Can't help it because it is so excellent! Fly safe my friend! Joanne

Kandace, one of our own here on VR, took this lady for her first helicopter flight and it was a dream come true for her. I cannot tell you all how this made me feel, to reach out across the US and touch someone like this..

Kandace.. you are amazing and i owe you.. :-) when i heard that you won the scholarship i knew it was Karma!!!!!!!!!

aloha,

dp