Dude points laser at Miami Newscopter

AdminLB

Talk about dumb, this one was pointed at the SVN newscopter in Miami and caught on tape. Kid arrested and put in the pokey!

STORY HERE

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI84901/

Side note: While checking the spelling/definition of "pokey" on dictionary.com, one of the related words presented was "jerkwater".....but it offered no definition. Not sure what "jerkwater" is, but I like the word. How would you use that in a sentence?? B)

Talk about dumb, this one was pointed at the SVN newscopter in Miami and caught on tape. Kid arrested and put in the pokey!

STORY HERE

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI84901/

Side note: While checking the spelling/definition of "pokey" on dictionary.com, one of the related words presented was "jerkwater".....but it offered no definition. Not sure what "jerkwater" is, but I like the word. How would you use that in a sentence?? B)

"Third degree felony for pointing it in a motor vehicle or an aircraft"

ouch.. serious but necessary.

i think "jerkwater" has something to do with old train stations.. or towns around them..

dp

Jerkwater- small and remote and insignificant; contemptibly trivial.

Use in a Sentence- Some may say that Pittsburgh is a jerkwater, but since the Steelers have six super bowl trophies, I beg to differ. :)

I think these are right, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Kimbo

Jerkwater- small and remote and insignificant; contemptibly trivial.

Use in a Sentence- Some may say that Pittsburgh is a jerkwater, but since the Steelers have six super bowl trophies, I beg to differ. :)

I think these are right, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, you got it. But it's an adjective and a synonym for poky, as in the Poky Little Puppy, not pokey, as in this laser light show enthusiast's new home.

Edit: So, to summarize... Pittsburgh is a poky, jerkwater town and Big Ben would be in the pokey if he wasn't a millionaire.

Edited by Ross11B