CHP Pilot killed in crash

I know this is plank related and not helo, but my phone is buzzing as they have just located the crash site of a California Highway Patrol Airplane crash just north of the Mexican border. The pilot is confirmed dead.

I have a good friend that is a CHP F/W pilot and flies the F/W 206 around. Really hope I don't know the pilot and family in this one.

Goldy

I know this is plank related and not helo, but my phone is buzzing as they have just located the crash site of a California Highway Patrol Airplane crash just north of the Mexican border. The pilot is confirmed dead.

I have a good friend that is a CHP F/W pilot and flies the F/W 206 around. Really hope I don't know the pilot and family in this one.

Goldy

May the pilot RIP. I hope they don't find that the crash had "assistance" from the ground, given the situation in the border areas these days.

Goldy, I hope it is not your buddy.

May the pilot RIP. I hope they don't find that the crash had "assistance" from the ground, given the situation in the border areas these days.

Goldy, I hope it is not your buddy.

The plane was out of Imperial county, stationed at Thermal.

The plane was out of Imperial county, stationed at Thermal.

I got the details this morning, my buddy was apparently out on the search, he's fine but there is a family out there mourning their loss. RIP.

Goldy

I got the details this morning, my buddy was apparently out on the search, he's fine but there is a family out there mourning their loss. RIP.

Goldy

Sad day for sure. I was up on a local flight talking to school kids on the ham unit in my 44 when the CAP SAR Pilot with me got the call and had to go looking. Its unfortunate for sure and our prayers go out to his family and friends.