Hillsboro vs mauna Loah vs Twin air

I'm an Italian student and i'm going to move in USA for helicopter training.

(I already have a JAA CPL(H) but I want to convert it in FAA and take a IR/CFI/CFII)

I would like to know if anyone went in one of this three school recently? (Hillsboro or mauna Loah oe Twin Air)

If anyone have some advice, about the actual situation of things in US, and work opporutnity in the schools.

Or If you know a good school for international student.

Thank you very much

Matt

I wouldn't bother wasting your money coming over here right now. Not much jobs for a new CFI. I have a JAA CPL/FI too but since I have a green card now I haven't really used it.

If you still decide to come over, go to Hawaii. Cool place to live for a while but more expensive I guess.

How many hours you have may dictate what you can and cannot get with regards to work. No work back at home?? Times are tough everywhere. I have at least 10 friends back in europe with JAA licences and they are working at their old jobs!

I'm an Italian student and i'm going to move in USA for helicopter training.

(I already have a JAA CPL(H) but I want to convert it in FAA and take a IR/CFI/CFII)

I would like to know if anyone went in one of this three school recently? (Hillsboro or mauna Loah oe Twin Air)

If anyone have some advice, about the actual situation of things in US, and work opporutnity in the schools.

Or If you know a good school for international student.

Thank you very much

Matt

I have not spoken with Hillsboro or Twin Air, but I have recently been looking into several schools...MLH is one of them. From what I've gathered from my research online and from a recent email conversation with the owner Ben, the work they have been doing with international students is impressive. Their school is growing even during rough economic times and that says something. Also, I can't find a single person with anything bad to say about their program. I have no personal experience with their operation and have not had the luxury to visit so my knowledge is limited to an outsider looking in, but I would definitely give them a call and find out more.

I have not spoken with Hillsboro or Twin Air, but I have recently been looking into several schools...MLH is one of them. From what I've gathered from my research online and from a recent email conversation with the owner Ben, the work they have been doing with international students is impressive. Their school is growing even during rough economic times and that says something. Also, I can't find a single person with anything bad to say about their program. I have no personal experience with their operation and have not had the luxury to visit so my knowledge is limited to an outsider looking in, but I would definitely give them a call and find out more.

Goldy flies at Twin Air, so PM him and ask away! I've only been there to visit, but they have a nice school at Camarillo. The owner is also a Paisano too! A friend of mine flew at MLH on the Big Island, and loved every minute of it. He was able to stay with a friend of the owner, and built him a deck while he was there....so free room and board. BUT, I believe they have housing available though. Hawaii is beautiful, but can be expensive...especially food and beverages. Although being exposed to Camarillo and the surrounding So Cal area, you'll be encounter all kinds of airspace which is good! I would lean towards Twin Air, but that's just my preference. There is also Group 3 Aviation at Van Nuys too, not to overload you with decisions, but also a good school. They mainly teach in the 300 series.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Rob

R91

Matt- we try not to turn posts into "advertising" for any particular school. However, I fly out at Twin Air but not "for" Twin Air. Feel free to PM me directly with any questions. No way we can compete with the scenery of Hawaii, but Los Angeles is an awesome place to learn how to fly. Twin Air also has several Italian speaking CFI's....not something you find everywhere.

Good luck with your training.

Goldy

• 2 weeks later...