Help With my Bose Headset

recently acquired (purchased) a supposedly new and never used before Bose X headset(single plug type for helis). Guy assured me up and down they were perfect condition , never used.. I plug em into the R22 when i got em, and I can hear tower, radios, and passenger just fine, But not my own voice, nor can they hear my voice. The radio pick up doesn't even register when i talk, and Ive had the VOX knob all the way up!! I had my daughter in with me on the ground with just the master switch on, and she can slightly hear me when i slightly depress the talk trigger, or she presses the cabin button by her left foot, but other than that, Nothing coming from my Mic when I talk.. I have new Duracell batteries in it, and volume all the way up..

Any Ideas?

Appreciate the help.. Of course the guy is not responding to my emails!!

Joe

recently acquired (purchased) a supposedly new and never used before Bose X headset(single plug type for helis). Guy assured me up and down they were perfect condition , never used.. I plug em into the R22 when i got em, and I can hear tower, radios, and passenger just fine, But not my own voice, nor can they hear my voice. The radio pick up doesn't even register when i talk, and Ive had the VOX knob all the way up!! I had my daughter in with me on the ground with just the master switch on, and she can slightly hear me when i slightly depress the talk trigger, or she presses the cabin button by her left foot, but other than that, Nothing coming from my Mic when I talk.. I have new Duracell batteries in it, and volume all the way up..

Any Ideas?

Appreciate the help.. Of course the guy is not responding to my emails!!

Joe

Hey Joe, the good news is that Bose has great service and you have a really good head-set. There is a chance, if the set is new, that he bought it from a vendor that buys mics and headsets separately and they sent you the wrong impedance mic.. that happened to me when i bought mine.

what ever it is i would expect you to be able to get it working just fine..

good luck,

dp

There might not be anything wrong with your headset. In some R22s (esp early ones) there is a wiring issue that sometimes causes problems with Bose Headsets. I had a similar problem when I started using my Bose and I finally had to get another headset until I switched aircraft. I haven't had a problem since.

My recommendation is, try to find another aircraft to plug into and try. If it still doesn't work, call Bose tech support and ask for help. They are usually pretty good about customer service.

take the mic off and make sure none of the connectors are bent. My bose had no sound on the second flight ever because the mic was loose........ tightened the screws and it worked fine. By "the mic I mean the entire assembly"

Edited by mattkreps

This sounds like exactly what happened to me. It's a problem with the avionics in the heli and not the headset. The school I use has 4 helis, I can only use my BOSE headset in two of them.

I had the same problem with one of my Bose headsets that was supposed to work fine when I bought it. I swapped the mike with another one to determine that the mike was bad, then called Bose. They had me read the serial number off of the headset to verify that it was still under warranty (I told them, and they did not care that I was not the original owner). I had the new mike within a two or three days at no cost.

Thanks for the help guys! Upon speaking with Bose, They say that its not a broken headset, Its the type mic i got.. I got a dynamic (Low impedance) mic. I need for Robinsons at least, a High Impedance Mic. $195 charge! I may just sell my headset and look for a used one with the mic i need, Unless someone has a High Impedance (Electret) mic they wanna sell me cheap????

I'm open!! Let me know1

Thanks for the help guys! Upon speaking with Bose, They say that its not a broken headset, Its the type mic i got.. I got a dynamic (Low impedance) mic. I need for Robinsons at least, a High Impedance Mic. $195 charge! I may just sell my headset and look for a used one with the mic i need, Unless someone has a High Impedance (Electret) mic they wanna sell me cheap????

I'm open!! Let me know1

Get a hold of flightsuits.com and/or Oregon areo and see what they have available, they mite even have a used one in stock.

I had the same problem.....

I sent them to Bose, they changed to different impedence

mic, no charge. Tell them ahead of time that you're using

them in a Robinson. Bose has a great service department.

happy flying

I have a similar problem in a 300 I own, my bose will only play nice with annother bose, not DCs tho. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be eternally greatful. My avionics shop has no clue.

Don't know your H269 (H300) vintage but if the problem only occurs during "hot mic" operations (both mic circuits active) then suspect a microphone bias level issue due to non-RTCA DO-170 compliant circuitry. I often encountered this in R22's with Hot Mic switches and always ensured both occupants had the same make & model headset (problem was eliminated when VOX intercoms became standard on the R22, effectively allowing each microphone to have its own bias level). Please refer to attached schematic courtesy of David Clark Co. Inc. for more info.

parallel mic info.PDF