Turbine Transition

Hi Guys!

I was wondering, after you get your CFI and instruct up to your required hours, how does the T.T. occur? I did some research and noticed that all of the tour places, Papillion, etc, use a-stars and bells and 500s. Do you just go SIC in a turbine bird? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No SIC positions with these companies. You get some training in the machines and then fly them.

Thank you for your answer! I know its a pretty basic question but i was unsure. :D

Hi Guys!

I was wondering, after you get your CFI and instruct up to your required hours, how does the T.T. occur? I did some research and noticed that all of the tour places, Papillion, etc, use a-stars and bells and 500s. Do you just go SIC in a turbine bird? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Also, in addition to the other responses, you can buy your own turbine transition training. I did just that, a full 5 hour flight time in a B206 for $2500. It was a really good opportunity at the time and I really enjoyed it. I am now considering the Bell Factory Course.

Good luck with your choices!

Rotorrodent

Also, you don't have to wait for a CFI or hours to do a transition. You could do one after your Private, commercial, etc.

Also, in addition to the other responses, you can buy your own turbine transition training. I did just that, a full 5 hour flight time in a B206 for $2500. It was a really good opportunity at the time and I really enjoyed it. I am now considering the Bell Factory Course.

Rotorrodent

Wow thats not bad for 5 hours! I'd love to do that if I had the cash

Rotorrodent

Where was this at? If there's any money left after CFII, that could be an interesting option.

Where was this at? If there's any money left after CFII, that could be an interesting option.

If I may hijack the answer, I don't know where rotorrodent did his transition, but I think there are a lot of schools out there that do it. I did it at this school:

http://www.sunaerohelicopters.com/flashindex.php?movie=instruction.swf

(Page is kinda slow, but click on turbine transition on the training page)

Edited by klas

Rotorrodent

Buying your way via the Factory school is not what it once was. The Factory 206B course (5 flight Hours + ground) is up over $10K

post-4431-127604250558_thumb.jpg

Edited by iChris