Private Written Test

I have been looking at the ASA prep ware, my CFI recommended it. I take it that you would recommend it?

I did all 6 of my written tests using the ASA Prepware and got high 90s each time. Highly recommend it to all of my students now. Make sure you find a copy of the figure book (old is fine, it never changes), so you have the actual book of figures to work - the digital popups are worthless in my opinion, and having the whole book in front of you as a resource can be very helpful.

HG03

I have been looking at the ASA prep ware, my CFI recommended it. I take it that you would recommend it?

I did all 6 of my written tests using the ASA Prepware and got high 90s each time. Highly recommend it to all of my students now. Make sure you find a copy of the figure book (old is fine, it never changes), so you have the actual book of figures to work - the digital popups are worthless in my opinion, and having the whole book in front of you as a resource can be very helpful.

HG03

I would highly recommend getting the software + the prep book. The book also comes with the figures book, and heligirl is right, the digital pop outs are next to useless, especially if you have to use a plotter to answer the question. The software is perfect for the practice test to see where you are at percentage wise, but the book is the best way in my opinion to prepare for the software practice test, so i recommend both. But either way the questions in the book, the prepware software, and the actually tests are all the same exact questions. So definitely get one of the two.

You can purchase the software right off of ASA's website plus bundle it with the book so the book comes out to be pretty cheap.

Good luck.