R44 Astro bid of $425,000 is retracted

A dude bid $425,000 for our runtout R44 Astro and then retracts it. Interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Robinson-R44-helicopter-like-bigger-R22-Raven-R-44-/280518894631?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Aircraft&hash=item41503aa427

We bought two pontoon equipped helicopters this month and this runout has to go. The fellow mentioned in the "questions" section that he added an extra zero to his bid of $42,500. That would be a great deal regardless and we assume it will bid to a much higher number. This paint scheme is a one of a kind and you should check it out. Perhaps you'll never see a R44 that is this distinctive. I know the original owner quite well and he said that when he ordered it that day in 1995 he picked those colors!

This ship has been for sale for a few months now on all the usual sites. Unfortunately for Astro owners, there are not a lot of buyers even for what seems like great prices. By the time you add hydraulics(40K) and do the overhaul(150K), you could buy a nice barely used Raven II on the market right now.

Not a fan of the color either. So add another 10K for a paint job.

This ship has been for sale for a few months now on all the usual sites. Unfortunately for Astro owners, there are not a lot of buyers even for what seems like great prices. By the time you add hydraulics(40K) and do the overhaul(150K), you could buy a nice barely used Raven II on the market right now.

Not a fan of the color either. So add another 10K for a paint job.

Heck I could do a rattle can paint job that would look better!! :D

If I were 15 and high I'd weep with joy over it. Might spend a while planning a road trip to see it in person, and then forget when I remember there's pancake mix in the cabinet. ^_^

Otherwise, I'm not a huge fan, though the paint scheme certainly wouldn't hurt your visibility as a student at a busy airport. I'd take it over a sky blue Robbie any day.

If I were 15 and high I'd weep with joy over it. Might spend a while planning a road trip to see it in person, and then forget when I remember there's pancake mix in the cabinet. ^_^

Dude, that is the post of the day! :lol: