Bell 204/205 operating plan

My company is looking at purchasing a few Bell 204/205s. I am putting together a ops plan to include financials. Has anyone done this before? Would you be willing to share your experiences and what you came up with for operating costs? Any Bell reps please feel free to contact me though we will only be in the market for used ships.

You would have to consider price of fuel and what the aircraft is going to burn on the job, pilot pay, maintenance costs, and obviously money due to your company. If you have any support personnel or vehicles that will be working with the aircraft, you will have to consider costs for those areas as well. I'm sure someone will chime in a lot more information than I have. That is just some basic stuff right there.

Conklin&DeDecker list the 205A1 at $1,165 per hour:

http://www.conklindd.com/Page.aspx?cid=1118

They have a bit of information on there how they come up with that number, also compare the number to other machines on that list. Unfortunately there is no breakdown of the costs for the individual aircraft.

Permison, I would start with an insurance quote from your Ins.Co. and see what the pilot warranty will read. This gives you both insurance cost and the requirements for pilots. Then search to see if pilots are available or if you/your pilots meet the warranty or can get training. For 135/133 new hires factor in the costs of ground and flight training. Also, pre-read any intented contract requirements. Check on where maintenance can be accomplished(& spares) and do you have an A&P with experience on the airframes and engines. Gov. contracts sometimes require support personnel on site with the aircraft (Mech & fuel truck/driver) Opps, almost forgot the most important factor, an extremly good prebuy inspection by an experienced DOM! Best of Luck, Mike

Edited by Mikemv

Thanks guys I appreciate the info however I am looking for specific costs not line items. I got that. I am trying to price out specific things like average cost of insurance, cost of annuals, common hourly maintenance costs, etc. I was hoping someone would share their company operating costs for the aircraft.

Each ship will be different as far as annuals go, same with mx costs (blade times, hub, engine, trans, etc...all factor into it). Insurance, again depends on the ship and the operation. I take it you are looking at Standard category stuff, not restricted? I'm guessing your annual premium will be between $80,000-$100,000...