Not Helo news, but thought interesting

klas

well if you're in the helicopter and the car hits you while its taking off... its gonna be your fault.. get out of the way.

Too bad that helo that got hit from a fixed wing departing over NY didn't get out of the way. I think the fixed wing pilot was at fault on that one; neither saw the other.

that airplane wasn't departing... it was transitioning the airspace. my first point was that if an aircraft is taking off and at a lower altitude and is less maneuverable it has the right of way according to the far's... no beef...everyone needs to look out and i'm all for any flying machine... not just helicopters.

that airplane wasn't departing... it was transitioning the airspace. my first point was that if an aircraft is taking off and at a lower altitude and is less maneuverable it has the right of way according to the far's... no beef...everyone needs to look out and i'm all for any flying machine... not just helicopters.

Any my point is that it is quite difficult to see something below you. And you can say it should be easier to see a plane transitioning but those poor folks in NY didn't. And let's not forget that one instance when a helo taking off at the Robinson factory course hit the other helo landing from below. And that was at a controlled airport. This carplane only requires 20 hrs to fly & that will bring many (well, maybe not 'many') new inexperienced people into the fold.

Edited by klas