We need a Cart

Hey all, we are looking for a cart to move our helicopters, we like the kind that Paravion of Ft. Collins make and would like to buy a used one if there's any out there. The electric one would be best but would consider one of their older carts that just has the hand hydraulic pump. You can see their stuff here:

http://www.paravion.com/

The perfect one would lift and move 300s, R44s and 206s.

thanks,

dp

If it lines up with hard points you would probably need a different one for each type of helicopter. It would be cheaper to build small trailers to land on and pull it in and out with a lawn tractor.

We have a self powered pad, I hate the thing has a single cylinder motor & steering wheel in front of you,(pic in blog)am looking to remove all upstanding bits and power with electric motor.

We have just made a cart for the 300 with Hydraulic drive & lift, and are looking to modify so it will pick up the 500s as well with an add on frame, all parts hot dip galvanised, so no maintenance on frame.

This is a cart that we use to move the dollies and our R44. We also have an attachment that allows us to hook up to the skids of a 300, Enstrom, 206 or a EC120... Believe it or not it pulled this dollie with the 500 on it just fine. It also doubles as a GPU which is pretty cool. You can learn more about it here:

http://www.helitowcart.com/default.htm

The company is in Canada and they have some of the best customer service i've seen. We still would like to have a cart to lift the 300 and move it without the ground handling wheels tho..

dp

needs more right cyclic..

I like the powered ones with the remote control that you keep in the chopper. Even has an extra button to operate the hangar door. In bad weather, you never even get out of the ship until you are in the hangar.

Great on cold snowy days!

Goldy-

You're describing the cart that was at the PHPA meeting in January, correct? Trying to remember the manufacturer, but it was trick. I also liked the idea of landing on a crap day, opening the hangar door remotely, and then 'driving' the cart into said hangar - all well staying IN the helo. Still need to have the wingwalkers tho...

LA Helos is using them, or has some arraignment. I think.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Goldy-

You're describing the cart that was at the PHPA meeting in January, correct? -WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Thats the one, couldnt find the website but I have his card somewhere.

BTW- Another LGB CLass C meeting coming up if you want to go.

Goldy