Need a B214 or something close!

Goldy

I have a project coming up where I need to lift 6400 pounds at 1200MSL. The only ship that comes to mind is a B214, or a larger Sikorsky. I know I can get an S64, but was kinda hoping not to pay THAT rate!

Coming up in Los Angeles, date is flexible but looking at mid September. Need to be familiar with City of LA permits, and of course, need to lift 6400 pounds over a residence and into the back yard (generator). Just off Mulholland, so I figure a bit under 1200 MSL.

PM me, Goldy

If you can't find anything local, give www.pjhelicopters.com a call. They are located up in Northern California (Red Bluff to be specific) but they contract out to the entire state and then some. They do have a 214 available, as well as two super 204s, and a super 205. I'm sure they have done work down around the LA area in the past. I would be surprised if there was a city in California they haven't worked. Great bunch of guys out there! Best of luck with the project.

- Marc

Edited by RagMan

Yeah, I was hoping to coordinate this lift with something else in the area, just to save on costs. The 204's/205's can't come close to 6400, but the 214 can, especially with the low altitude and light fuel load. BUR airport is a 3 minute flight away, so fuel is close.

I will check them out if I dont get any local hits!

Thanks,

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

Goldy-

I'm sure you've considered this, but any chance whatsoever that the package can be split into smaller modules & reassembled at final site? Might be able to get better availability with local ships (maybe a B3?) at a much better rate...just a thought. I think IFLY might be onto this, but using the 22's :lol:

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Goldy-

I'm sure you've considered this, but any chance whatsoever that the package can be split into smaller modules & reassembled at final site? Might be able to get better availability with local ships (maybe a B3?) at a much better rate...just a thought. I think IFLY might be onto this, but using the 22's :lol:

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Yeah usually we try and break it down into smaller packages, but not this time. The smallest ship I know that could lift this much weight is the B214....and even then its pushing it.

We'll try to coordinate it with something else and maybe get the Aircrane thats in town do it. 6400 pounds would be hardly worth starting the second turbine!

Goldy

BTW- 21 R22's could handle it. Now if I could just figure out the rigging for that.

Edited by Goldy

Looks like the K-Max falls short of your weight by 400 lbs.

Yeah, I was just thinking about the KMAX and whether there is one active down in So Cal. I would prefer not to use a ship that can "almost" make it however! Maybe a couple cases of beer for the CH46/47 guys down in Orange County would do it!

What about taking out the H3H for a spin?

Oh yeah, that would work. Maybe after hours they will just throw me the keys...then I woke up on the floor with a headache...again.

Goldy

• 4 months later...

So Goldy, how did the lift go and what helo did you end up with? And just in case you come across another job like this I think I found the chopper for you...post-16126-129191083242_thumb.jpg no no look up Goldy, the one lifting the other one. :lol:

Erickson came in and did the lift with the Aircrane. Turned out to be just under 10,000 pounds, which is hardly even working for that ship. I have a pix on my other computer I'll try to remember to post it...

Still would like to know of a 214 in the area in case I get something in that 7500 pound range again.

Goldy

Erickson came in and did the lift with the Aircrane. Turned out to be just under 10,000 pounds, which is hardly even working for that ship. I have a pix on my other computer I'll try to remember to post it...

Still would like to know of a 214 in the area in case I get something in that 7500 pound range again.

Goldy

I know of one up here, but not any down south...