WOFT Board

So I had my battalion boards on June 3 and was recommended for WOFT. I've been sitting here since then waiting to hear back from the board at usarec. From reading posts, I know there was a board on June 14, but have never heard any results. My recruiter heard the SFC in OKC say that our packets should be in the June board, but that's the only thing he's heard. I've heard from 3 other recruiters everything from the next civilian board won't meet until september, to it will probably be after the 4th of July weekend. Can anybody give me some decent info? Being prior service, I knew I should have expected this, but after being out for 5 years, you tend to forget the bad memories, and tend to give more credit to people that shouldn't get it.

Thanks for the help

So I had my battalion boards on June 3 and was recommended for WOFT. I've been sitting here since then waiting to hear back from the board at usarec. From reading posts, I know there was a board on June 14, but have never heard any results. My recruiter heard the SFC in OKC say that our packets should be in the June board, but that's the only thing he's heard. I've heard from 3 other recruiters everything from the next civilian board won't meet until september, to it will probably be after the 4th of July weekend. Can anybody give me some decent info? Being prior service, I knew I should have expected this, but after being out for 5 years, you tend to forget the bad memories, and tend to give more credit to people that shouldn't get it.

Thanks for the help

If your packet was sent to the June 14th board then even if you were selected, you didn't DEP in within the time limit. I have a list of selects and non-selects from the june 14th board if you want to PM me for more info. Otherwise, if your a civilian applicant the board meets every month. Have your recruiter talk to the battalion to find out when its going to get to USAREC.

thanks...I got in touch with the other guy that interviewed the same day I did, and he hasn't heard anything either. I think by the time our packet got to Ft. Knox, we had missed the cutoff date for the board. We are both waiting to hear back from the july board.

thanks...I got in touch with the other guy that interviewed the same day I did, and he hasn't heard anything either. I think by the time our packet got to Ft. Knox, we had missed the cutoff date for the board. We are both waiting to hear back from the july board.

My battalion board was in June and the civilian "paper" board at Rucker was on Monday July 12th. I found out I was accepted next day on the 13th. I also found out there were only 3 civilians who were not accepted out of the group of 17 that boarded so I'd say your chances are pretty high. Not sure why my recruiter would be able to find out and yours would not unless I'm talking about something completely different and am off base.

My battalion board was in June and the civilian "paper" board at Rucker was on Monday July 12th. I found out I was accepted next day on the 13th. I also found out there were only 3 civilians who were not accepted out of the group of 17 that boarded so I'd say your chances are pretty high. Not sure why my recruiter would be able to find out and yours would not unless I'm talking about something completely different and am off base.

Congratulations on being selected and thanks for the numbers. Now here comes the regular question...what were your "stats?"

wow, gotta love the military. I received a phone call yesterday from the recruiter saying to stop by the office. When I get their they explain to me that my packet was sent to Ft. Knox in June, but that it was never boarded because of two questions left blank on my form DA 61. It was kicked back to battalion and the guy just forgot about it! 5 minutes later, the form was filled out and emailed back to BN, so looks like it will be up for the board in August.

I have forgotten how efficiently the military can operate, what am I getting myself back into?

I have forgotten how efficiently the military can operate, what am I getting myself back into?

At least you're going in with open eyes.

Read some books on helicopters, watch some movies (i.e. We were soldiers...), and look up 'Thunderstruck' on Youtube. There is tremendous pain in the process (for a reason), but the pay off IS worth it.

Good Luck

Edited by BillyBob

• 1 year later...