Looking for advice

Hello, I am new here and I do not know too much about the RC models, but my my brother is a exactly RC model fan. His birthday is around the corner and I want to buy a RC helicopter for him as his birthday present. So I choose 2 models from Internet and I need your professional suggestions. Could you tell me which one is better and easier to be operated? Thank you in advance.

The 2 models are as following:

http://www.tinydeal.com/R005/fty7404-p-7052.html

7404_18123_FTY-7404.jpg

and http://www.tinydeal.com/R005/fty7807-p-7056.html

7807_18072_FTY-7807.jpg

Well this is a real helicopter Forum and not a model forum. but what I can tell you is both you have listed are junk.

the Blade CX 2 helicopter is a good indoors RC helicopter that is easy to fly and the Honeybee King is not to bad. both are electric.

the main reason the ones you have listed are junk is they are infer red controled,basicly means the controler has to be pointed at the helicopter the same as the remote for your TV.as soon as the helicopter flys out of teh infer red beam it stops running and crashes.

make sure to buy a helicopter with a true radio control. you will be looking at about $120.00 but look on craigslist and you can sometimes find a good used blade CX for about $60.00 or so.

good luck.

Agreed, both are junk. I started with a Blade CX and it was a very good machine. It ran me about $200 new and comes with a quality TX (transmitter). Spare parts are easy to find and affordable. Lots of upgrades are available too. A little more money but worth it. The ones you have listed would be fun for about 5 minutes then they would be broke and parts are probably hard to get. Don't waste your time or your brother's. If you really want to get him a cool gift, contact a local Heli school/operator and buy him an introductory flight. Caution: An intro flight could change his life!

or if you want a bit more indoor flying challenge, you could give the Eflight Blade MSR a spin.

Fun, tough little chopper. Heck it took me about a month to finally kill mine and it was my fault not the models, lol.

I have to agree,and intro flight would be the best gift you could ever give him. and the memorys of that flight will last a life time. RC is fun. but to take the controls of a real helicopter will have him smiling for weeks.