To Permison

One - I am first trying to share my philosophy (with him and everyone) of the importance of sharing one's background with the community for which they participate. You cannot walk into a room and begin talking authoritatively, only to tell someone to sit down and be quiet when they ask what your background is. Especially in aviation. Background matters. You do not have to agree with me, just my opinion as a professional pilot.

I could not agree more.

• Like 1

Hey Lyn,

Nice picture. Was that the job with SRT?

Thanks. Yes sir it was. It was one of the more unique flying experiences of my career. Not necessarily because of the helicopter or the type of training......that was the only normal thing about it for me.....but mainly the culture shock of the experience.

This was not my first rodeo in the far east, despite having lived in Japan for an entire year, it did not prepare me for my China experience. The whole culture and country is amazing, but it does throw you totally off balance when you get there. :blink:

Ps. The real language barriers, combined with the complexity of the helicopter + emergency procedures makes for a very interesting dynamic. Lots of pre & post flight briefings and hand signals! :unsure: