WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

They have been known to select Special Operations types directly from their units and put them on a path through flight school to 160th. Their fates are already predetermined before they even show up to Rucker in a sense. I'm assuming this is what electron was talking about.

Ok. I didn't read the original post well enough, it does sound like he is talking about being accepted into woft from Reserves and then switching to active.

I really don't think this is accurate. I'm applying from NG to active right now and the only thing I've heard is my military experience will add to my packet. As far as the 160th goes you don't assess for that until after flight school so how would you be accepted there before WOCS?

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were going to go to WOFT as a reservist, then, while at flight school, try to go active duty. If that was the case what I said was accurate.

As far as applying AR as enlisted straight to WOFT AD that could be an option, I was not speaking to that. Sorry

I spoke with my Retention NCO, and discused some options. My Unit is due for deactivation in Sep 2015, and the Army is doing away with Rail, which means most of us will need new jobs in the Army Reserves. I was told that there was a Reserve Aviation Unit in Fort Bragg (only 2 hours form my home), and that my best bet would probably be transfering to that unit in a 15 series MOS slot, and getting them to send me to school. After some time, and acquiring E5, begin pumping out my WOFT packets for the next 8 years until I get it, then going active from there. Ive already started building it, and will definitely have it ready when the time comes to apply for it.

Thanks again to the ones that have been through the process, for helping those of us with dreams of flying helo's along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

All i have to say is, thank GOD I found this forum, because I have been looking everywhere for good, up-to-date info on this topic.

About me;

I am 23 years old (24 in July), I have 6 years of US Army Reserve experience as an 88U (Railroad Operations. Yes, I said Railroad). I am currently an E4 (promotions are slow in my unit). I graduated high school with a 3.6ish GPA, enlisted during my senior year. I do not have college (yet) and am curently employed full time as a Law Enforcement Officer, with 3 years experience. My father was the equivalent of a 15T during Desert Storm, and my mother was a 15Q. If not for U.S. Army Aviation, I would not be here today (they met, and had me, while deployed in Germany). I guess you could say its in my blood. I can remember going out to Fort Campbell and seeing the UH-60's and 47's flying around, and telling myself "I'm going to fly them one day." Fast forwarding to present time, i'm eligable for re-enlistment now, and would love nothing more than to fulfill my dream.

My question (for now) is, what is the process for applying for WOFT from an enlisted Reservists stand point? I've found copious amounts of information for NG and AD application processes, but nothing for Reserves. My intent is to, if accepted into WOFT, go active duty.

I imagine I will have numerous other questions in the very near future.

Thanks in advance for the responses, and thanks for the advice/information posted already! .

I am currently doing this right now (Marine Corps Reserve to WOFT). You will be going through the civilian process and you will really need to keep on top of things. Take the advise of those here and walk into the recruiter's office with the majority of your paperwork done. It saves a massive amount of time. If you have any specific questions, I can probably answer or direct you to the resource. Semper Fi and Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Ive been lurking in the shadows for some time now and felt compelled to introduce myself and start my networking. Well my past is 9 years in the Army as a Cavalry Scout with several tours overseas. Im currently working in Basra, Iraq on a WPS contract for DoS. I am the son of a career comercial pilot so you could say aviation is in my genes. Ever since I can remember, I've had a love for flying and now I am persueing my dream. Im looking to get into the WOFT program. All my military career Ive been near pilots and have always been abit jealous. Afterall, and I'm sure most here will agree, aviation Warrant Officers have the best job in the military hands down!

I want to thank so many of you that have posted information on this sight. Already so many of my questions have been answered. Ive been studying up for a couple weeks now and Ill be taking the SIFT before the end of the month. Im hoping to get my packet squared away for the selection board in September. Wish you all that are in this same process the best of luck.

-KING

• Like 4

Hey, Ive been lurking in the shadows for some time now and felt compelled to introduce myself and start my networking. Well my past is 9 years in the Army as a Cavalry Scout with several tours overseas. Im currently working in Basra, Iraq on a WPS contract for DoS. I am the son of a career comercial pilot so you could say aviation is in my genes. Ever since I can remember, I've had a love for flying and now I am persueing my dream. Im looking to get into the WOFT program. All my military career Ive been near pilots and have always been abit jealous. Afterall, and I'm sure most here will agree, aviation Warrant Officers have the best job in the military hands down!

I want to thank so many of you that have posted information on this sight. Already so many of my questions have been answered. Ive been studying up for a couple weeks now and Ill be taking the SIFT before the end of the month. Im hoping to get my packet squared away for the selection board in September. Wish you all that are in this same process the best of luck.

-KING

Good luck brother!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

I graduate from WOCS this week so please let me know if you need any help with the process of WOFT. I was selected on the Nov board and started basic in Jan so it's still very fresh in my mind. I know it can be a headache getting your packet together so if I can be of any assistance please let me know and I'll do my best to help. Just like you, I used this site daily to get more information and figure as much as possible about becoming a warrant officer. The biggest thing I learned was not to worry about what other people's stats were, but to focus on making my packet the best I could. If this is what you know you want to do, then don't stop working at it.

• Like 2

Hey everybody,

I graduate from WOCS this week so please let me know if you need any help with the process of WOFT. I was selected on the Nov board and started basic in Jan so it's still very fresh in my mind. I know it can be a headache getting your packet together so if I can be of any assistance please let me know and I'll do my best to help. Just like you, I used this site daily to get more information and figure as much as possible about becoming a warrant officer. The biggest thing I learned was not to worry about what other people's stats were, but to focus on making my packet the best I could. If this is what you know you want to do, then don't stop working at it.

Hey I posted this on another thread but I graduated Flight School back in november, I've been in the guard for 8 Years. I'm coming down to rucker for 3 months to go through the fixed wing course May 26-Aug 26. If you want to meet up and get some extra details on flight school send me a PM and I'll be glad to contact you.

I've already had 2 guys text me to meet up while I'm down there.

Hey everybody,

Thanks bubbagump I was selected on the November board also but you were one of the lucky ones that got to leave in Jan for bct I still havent even gone yet I leave in a week. Have you received your orders for the next school i would assume BOLC? but not sure if thats true.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I posted this on another thread but I graduated Flight School back in november, I've been in the guard for 8 Years. I'm coming down to rucker for 3 months to go through the fixed wing course May 26-Aug 26. If you want to meet up and get some extra details on flight school send me a PM and I'll be glad to contact you.

I've already had 2 guys text me to meet up while I'm down there.

Electron_si, I am in the same group with Babbagump. We just got our WOBC date so we are on hold till then. If you have some to sit down and talk that would be great.

Electron_si, I am in the same group with Babbagump. We just got our WOBC date so we are on hold till then. If you have some to sit down and talk that would be great.

Hey if you have contact with Bubba let him know about meeting up this week and give him my number so I can catch a few of you guys at once.

I met up with taylor (wannabe) the night i got here and gave him some help with WOCS stuff

• 1 month later...

A little info from USAREC for some of our prior service folks about boot camp.

• 31 JUL 13 - ATTENTION ALL SISTER SERVICE APPLICANTS: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY all sister service applicants for the upcoming SEPTEMBER selection board and future selection boards who have not successfully completed an Army Basic Training, Warrior Transition Course, Marine Basic Training, Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, or Air Force Security Police Training will be required to attend Army Basic Training prior to attendance to WOCS. Any questions, concerns, or requests for withdrawal of current packet submissions can be addressed to CW4 Sanders at 502-626-1893 or CW4 Bikowsky at 910-432-2175.

• 2 months later...

A little info from USAREC for some of our prior service folks about boot camp.

• 31 JUL 13 - ATTENTION ALL SISTER SERVICE APPLICANTS: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY all sister service applicants for the upcoming SEPTEMBER selection board and future selection boards who have not successfully completed an Army Basic Training, Warrior Transition Course, Marine Basic Training, Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, or Air Force Security Police Training will be required to attend Army Basic Training prior to attendance to WOCS. Any questions, concerns, or requests for withdrawal of current packet submissions can be addressed to CW4 Sanders at 502-626-1893 or CW4 Bikowsky at 910-432-2175.

Wait.. So... What? How are you in a "sister branch" if you havent even gone to bootcamp?

Wait.. So... What? How are you in a "sister branch" if you havent even gone to bootcamp?

it depends on what boot camp you went to. Navy or Air Force boot camp . . . guess what, you gotta do it again. Navy or AF SOF or security forces, you are good. Marines and Soldiers are good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

One question: Can someone post/send/source a sample template for a CIVILIAN letter of rec?

I just got done with USAF officer selection early this year, was selected. Ended up not working out (long story, for the best).

I basically just want to make sure I am using the correct format. I am applying to the Jan 14 board.

Here are my stats:

College: B.S. Geospatial Information Science/Minor Biology 3.00 Cumm GPA

Prior Serv: NO

ASVAB: GT 128, AFQT 95

SIFT: 63

APFT: TBD

FAA CERTS/RATINGS: Certified Flight Instructor, Commercial Pilot/ASEL-MEL w/ IR ~400hrsTT

LORs: 6=> CW4(Pilot), CW5(SOAR Pilot), USAF Col.(Pilot), Major/Professor(Army), Professor, Manager from previous job at DoD contracted aviation company.

If I missed something let me know... I'm sure there is an intro section...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have opinions on the post housing available to pipe liners? I heard a relatively new housing community was built on post, but do studs get to stay there post WOCS? Or do we get the older housing? What's it like? And how about the schools? For children that is?

Hey, someone was asking about the Warrant Officer Candidate Course at Fort Rucker and was asking about the WOC SOP. You can download it at www.flyusarmy.com. Here is the link:

http://www.flyusarmy.com/shop/warrant-officer-candidate-sop-p-230.html

This is your bible. It is nice to get it ahead and start reviewing it now.

Good Luck!

Does anyone have an updated version in pdf?

• 2 weeks later...