WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have been in the Army for a year and just started putting my WO flight packet together and have a couple questions:

1. Do all the forms need to be electronically signed or can they be printed, signed, and scanned?

2. What are some things I need to be prepared to answer when I go to the selection board? I read that it is more of an interview style than promotion board, but some questions on the profession are inevitable.

Thanks!

1. Certain forms need to be digitally signed (LORs), while other forms can be hand signed (statement of understanding, APFT on the DA61). I personally would digitally sign all that you can for uniformity.

2. As an active duty applicant you will not go to a battalion board.

• Like 1

Im a naive high schooler looking into the woft program. I talked to a regular army recruiter about the woft program and the dude straight up told me if i didnt have a pilots license he wouldn't even start a packet for me on the grounds that there was no point, I'd never get selected.

I have a 3.5 gpa, I'm an eagle scout, and I'm not about to be deterred.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation. Am I just facing recruiter BS? Is it imperative to have college credit to be competitive? Are civilian applicants evaluated separately from current military ones?

I appreciate any and all information.

• Like 2

Drop that recruiter. You are seeing BS.

College credit? Get some if you don't have any. Honors and college classes will look a lot better then regular classes on a transcript.

Yes, they are evaluated in separate boards.

I'm 18 as well, you can find my stats on the stats page if you are curious.

Eagle scout is good, make sure you have done a lot of community work.

Have a good essay and resume, and get good references.

Im a naive high schooler looking into the woft program. I talked to a regular army recruiter about the woft program and the dude straight up told me if i didnt have a pilots license he wouldn't even start a packet for me on the grounds that there was no point, I'd never get selected.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation. Am I just facing recruiter BS? Is it imperative to have college credit to be competitive? Are civilian applicants evaluated separately from current military ones?

Tesla pretty much covered it. Just keep pushing and get your packet knocked out. I'm currently a recruiter and truthfully it is hard for selection but not impossible. see if there are any programs in your highschool to give you technical certificates or college credits. Worst case scenario you can always try to get into the Army as aviation and apply while your in. But I would first try to follow the path you want to.

SIFT 0700 tomorrow...have to report at 0545, and MEPS is an hour and 45 minutes away...ugh. Going to be an exhausting morning. Hope I'm prepared enough to counter the lack of sleep.

• Like 1

SIFT 0700 tomorrow...have to report at 0545, and MEPS is an hour and 45 minutes away...ugh. Going to be an exhausting morning. Hope I'm prepared enough to counter the lack of sleep.

Just wait till flight school. ;)

I've just been spoiled by my 5:00 wake up time over the past couple years at my current job. This morning was a shock to the system!

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck in your packet! I'm putting in as well, finished most of it but need to take the SIFT. Go to your local mom and pop flight school and take an introductory flight. That should be a priority and don't listen to that recruiter, find another one if need be. If you see yourself flying then get the books and study up, first and foremost your weakest points. Eagle Scout is huge by the way, it shows you can apply yourself and finish something that most can't. Whatever you do, push through.

Hey guys Im about to get a packet started and plan on submitting it by the January deadline. I was wondering if you guys think ill be competitive enough to make it in. Ill be graduating from Auburn University this next spring, my current GPA is a 3.5 but I plan on it being a 3.6-3.7 at the end of this semester, my major is public administration. My PT score is around a 275-280 right now but I just started training again last week so I will have a 300 within a month or two. I play intramural basketball and played football in highschool. I hold leadership positions in my service organization and lead weekly projects around campus. Ive also participated in other philanthropy programs around campus in previous semesters. Im also a part of numerous honor societies. As far as references im going to get my current boss and previous bosses letters. I also plan of having a professor from Columbus State university write me a letter. Other than those im scheduling interviews with some officers. Now that you know my credentials ive got alot of questions. Can I update my packet to the last minute before the dealine? Also Im calling the recruiter this weekend, when would I have to take a PT test? Im also going to be applying for Coast Guard OCS and was wondering if I should hide that from the Army recruiter? Finally Im assuming I have to take the asvab and sift before the deadline right? Which test is harder and takes more preparation? Can I take these test anytime before the deadline or do they have scheduled testing dates?

@redskins4789

The SIFT requires more preparation, wouldn't hurt to start looking at some prep books and studying some of the aviation knowledge. It's no MCAT/GRE/LSAT etc. but you need to have a good game plan to do well.

The ASVAB is not hard - get familiar with the sections, and knock off any rust you have with high school level math.

No idea on chances, but if you finish the packet, and meet all criteria, you've gotten over one of the largest humps in the selection process.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I was just selected for WOFT on the November 15 boards and I ship to basic on January 4th. and starts WOCS March 25. Any advice or info on the transition to WOCS after basic? I've heard there is an extensive packing list and that getting to WOCS SOP is hard to come by and not sure where I will be able to get this info while I'm in basic. Any info on the process or how to be better prepared than I am would be greatly appreciated. And to all going through the process now, don't give up. If its what you want, you will get it.

I plan on interviewing at the upcoming WOFT January board. I am a college student and will graduate in May. My recruiter told me if the battalion board selects me, then I am able to finish out my degree before going to BCT. She said I would be placed on some sort of wait status (for lack of better term) and will wait until graduation before I start anything. Has anyone been in my situation before and/or know somebody like me? I have just heard some stories of recruiters lying to people so I would like to verify with more people.

EDIT: I wasn't sure where to place this on the forums and did not feel it was necessary to create a whole new thread for my specific question. I figured this pinned thread was a somewhat generic WOFT thread.