WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

Thanks for the guide! I'm currently in the Navy and trying to switch over to the Army for the WOFT program. I'm currently writing my WO resume, and I'm a little but stuck on the military experience blocks. I have plenty of input for it, but I would love to see an example of what a good resume looks like. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

I'm about to leave for BCT, going over from the Navy. I just used the highlights from my Evals for my experience. I even wrote it like an Eval. Short and sweet sentences with no fluff or flowery words. Let the facts speak for themselves. It's not a persuasive paper. The persuasive writing comes in the summary.

For the training, if you can access it, use CENTRAC. It has the course descriptions for all Navy courses.

The summary is the most important section. They will often skip straight to this before reading the rest. It should be a call to action! Make them feel like if they don't pick you, they will be missing out. Use your experience, training and work ethic to show this.

This is what I went by and I was picked up first time around.

Reporting for WOCS 11 May and kind of freaking out. I'm such a perfectionist that the thought of not being completely prepared when I get there is terrifying me. I am not so much worried about getting through the course but the lead up to my report date has proven to my biggest challenge. Anyone else here have the same worries? How'd you get through the stress of preparing?

Got my reservation for WOBC yesterday though! Class 17-01 starting in OCT! WOOO!

How long after you got selected did you get a class date for WOCS?

Greetings all, I am a civilian and I have my local board Wednesday and then the July board. After the National Board what is the time frame until I can ship?

If you are selected it can range from 3 weeks to 5 months

• Like 2

Greetings all, I am a civilian and I have my local board Wednesday and then the July board. After the National Board what is the time frame until I can ship?

Like StockTrader said it can be a bit of a wait. I got selected on the January board and will not leave for BCT until 23MAY.

Like StockTrader said it can be a bit of a wait. I got selected on the January board and will not leave for BCT until 23MAY.

Just think while you're in basic I'll be biting my nails praying for some good news. You'll be biting your nails when you get shark attacked lol

• Like 1

I had almost no wait at all. Selected in November of 2014, signed my contract on 22 NOV, left for BCT on 30 DEC. It went quick considering how much stuff I had to line up. Time really does fly by. Selecting in three weeks. Crazy to think of everything that has gone by up to this point.

• Like 6

Just think while you're in basic I'll be biting my nails praying for some good news. You'll be biting your nails when you get shark attacked lol

tumblr_laf9jrp6Ch1qc5lsbo1_500.jpg

I had almost no wait at all. Selected in November of 2014, signed my contract on 22 NOV, left for BCT on 30 DEC. It went quick considering how much stuff I had to line up. Time really does fly by. Selecting in three weeks. Crazy to think of everything that has gone by up to this point.

It has been really nice to have the extra time before shipping out. Gave me plenty of time to get the house sold, new car bought for the wife, get the family settled, and plenty of gym time. My last day of work is Friday before I get 3 weeks off to spend time with family and do 2 a days. Good luck with selection!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

piggybacking here. As a civilian, at what point do you get to choose your class dates? Is it when you go to meps and swear in or does it occur at a different time?

So I'm at a cross road here. I have read from different sources on this forum that being in the guard I would have to get my LORs from my military chain of command. I have also read that people in the guard have also applied as a civilian and gotten LORs outside their military chain of command. I don't have a problem going to my COC its just that I have only been in for a little over a year now and I feel like I could get better letters from civilians. I'm also prior service USMC and I have some people from my old chain of command that would write a more personalized letter for me. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated and also if someone could tell me if I am able to apply as a civilian as well? Thanks

This is just my two cents but I would get LORs from every last person you can think of, then line 'em up and just pick the ones that make you look like hot sh*t. I don't think there are any real restrictions on LORs. Just get good ones from people that know you.

• Like 1

After WOCS you'll go to B Co to do WOBC, HOST and SERE. Once those courses are complete you'll begin the flying portion; primary, instruments in a 67 or Lakota, followed by training on your assigned airframe.

This fiscal year there is a Lakota class every 4th class. Next fiscal year it'll be every 3rd class.

• 1 month later...

Quick question,

As a civilian coming into the WOFT process, I have a unit that I'm assigned to in the reserves already. So do I go through aircraft selection? Could I select the Apache and then after I finish, go to aircraft school that my unit has?

Also, what is basic like for a WO 153A?

Thanks!

Did you apply to the reserves or active duty? Reserves are assigned aricraft before they start flight school.

Basic is the same as it is for everyone else.

Did you apply to the reserves or active duty? Reserves are assigned aricraft before they start flight school.

Basic is the same as it is for everyone else.

Reserve, fixed wing.

What's the oldest age in basic?

I have a seniority number at a legacy, and I'm looking to get in the military. Do many people go this route?

Reserve, fixed wing.

What's the oldest age in basic?

I have a seniority number at a legacy, and I'm looking to get in the military. Do many people go this route?

Why would you possibly not stay legacy? There are thousands of pilots bailing for the legacies every, single, year.

This is a question for anyone really. My basic graduation date is slated for 12/08/16. My start date for WOCS is 01/05/17. I was hoping someone might help me understand where I will be during the time in between as I have heard different answers from different people within the Army recruiting world. Will I go directly from basic to Ft. Rucker and then wait for my class to start? Is there time off in between? I know I may not get an exact answer since individual cases vary but maybe one of you has a general idea or an idea of who I can get in contact with to receive more information. Thank you.

• Like 1

This is a question for anyone really. My basic graduation date is slated for 12/08/16. My start date for WOCS is 01/05/17. I was hoping someone might help me understand where I will be during the time in between as I have heard different answers from different people within the Army recruiting world. Will I go directly from basic to Ft. Rucker and then wait for my class to start? Is there time off in between? I know I may not get an exact answer since individual cases vary but maybe one of you has a general idea or an idea of who I can get in contact with to receive more information. Thank you.

As said above you will be transported directly from BCT to Rucker, you will in-process to the post and then will be put into a holdover type status where you are waiting for you class to begin in-processing. I'm currently still in this status at Rucker due to a security clearance hold. Feel free to message me with any questions and I'd be happy to answer them for you. (That goes for anybody). I was street to seat and graduated BCT August 4th and have been here at Rucker since August 5.

• Like 1