WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

I'm not really worried about weekends so much as I am curious about it.

Your free time depends on how much you already know about aviation/FAA regs, flt hrs and your time invested in memorizing your limits and EPs before starting. Flight School is Monday through Friday. Your weekend is your time to do whatever you think is necessary, like study or relax.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

there is a lot of good information here. I would like to first thank all those still active that have helped others.

I, like many others will be submitting a woft packet and have a few questions. the majority of my questions have been answered easily with a little research. I have a few questions specific to my situation. I am prior service. I served active army four years as an engineer. I ets'ed as an e5 with a honorable discharge. I have a gt of 100 when I first enlisted. i am currently irr until june 2017. can i retake the asvab or take advantage of fast?

as of now that's the only thing holding me back.

another question i have is letter of recommendations. technically I am irr with a ucmj chain of command (i think) but also a "civilian" in other aspects. do i follow the requirements of a civilian or solder? it would be very difficult to receive a lor from my chain of command because my "platoon sergeant" cant even change my address so it seems and i have no contact information on hand. however I can contact irr to be contacted. the concern i have is a lor for a w3+ aviator. I don't know a single person.

any help would be great.

thanks for your time.

Your free time depends on how much you already know about aviation/FAA regs, flt hrs and your time invested in memorizing your limits and EPs before starting. Flight School is Monday through Friday. Your weekend is your time to do whatever you think is necessary, like study or relax.

Thnx for the quick response N67RA. I have begun the long process and hope everything goes accordingly. Before I went back to school I was a mechanic working mon-sat, usually working 11 hour days. Was just curious if being a army aviator was a 24/7 7 day a week type job with no time to decompress.

While I know I have a long way to go and many hurdles to get past before I even get accepted let alone finish every school, does anyone know what life is like after graduating. I cant seem to find much information about a daily schedule for an warrant officer aviator. I have read a few things in regards to deployments but nothing for a stateside aviator.

• 1 month later...

I'm a new member in this website , i'm looking forward to becoming an army aviator currently in my sophomore year in High School. I have a question , if for example you finished WOCS and you are already a W-1 in the Army and then after that you go to WOFT and for some reason you fail or wash out, will you stay as a W-1 or become an E-1 ,

Thanks.

I'm a new member in this website , i'm looking forward to becoming an army aviator currently in my sophomore year in High School. I have a question , if for example you finished WOCS and you are already a W-1 in the Army and then after that you go to WOFT and for some reason you fail or wash out, will you stay as a W-1 or become an E-1 ,

Thanks.

You enter as an E-4, attend WOCS as an E-5, and graduate WOCS as a W-1. If you sh*t the bed during WOFT you'll be a W-1. Don't plan on failing or even entertain in.

You enter as an E-4, attend WOCS as an E-5, and graduate WOCS as a W-1. If you sh*t the bed during WOFT you'll be a W-1. Don't plan on failing or even entertain in.

You enter the service as a normal recruit would. Could be anywhere from E-1 to E-4. Upon arriving to WOCS you are upgraded to E-5 since that is the minimum pay grade to attend.

If you are street to seat and you fail out, there are a few options.

-Separated from the Army(most likely as you are not MOS qualified in anything)

I have only seen two people, who were both E-6 68W's get reverted back to their former status

-Reclassed to needs of the army, revert back to enlisted status and attend AIT(I have never seen this but its an option)

-By some act of god they keep you as a warrant and you reclass to a boat warrant

Don't fail or wash out. What happens if you do depends on a lot of different things including the current political climate (is the military being downsized or is there some kind of build up), so there is no one size fits all answer.

Study hard, stay fit and healthy, don't do stupid stuff, and maybe get in a helicopter once to at least see if you like it or it scares you to death. If you do those things you eliminate most of the reasons people "wash out".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You enter the service as a normal recruit would. Could be anywhere from E-1 to E-4. Upon arriving to WOCS you are upgraded to E-5 since that is the minimum pay grade to attend.

I have only seen two people, who were both E-6 68W's get reverted back to their former status

-Reclassed to needs of the army, revert back to enlisted status and attend AIT(I have never seen this but its an option)

-By some act of god they keep you as a warrant and you reclass to a boat warrant

Milper 17-134 was just released recently, essentially stating that any street-to-seat candidate who fails or is administratively released from training will be re-classed to a a needs of the army MOS and required to complete the remainder of their enlistment contract. This will be a much more common course of action for the college if you happen to get eliminated or dismissed from the course and are street to seat.

Prior service candidates will be returned to their previous MOS and most likely their previous unit. It's now required that all candidates provide the name and email of their losing unit's O6 (or equivalent) so that in a situation like this, the College Commandant will contact them to determine if you are headed back to them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep one of the guys that was with us got booted from the army. they gave him the option of infantry or to leave and he chose to leave. hahaha.

That was 1.5 years ago, things might have changed since then.

A few I've talked to have said WOCS is worse than basic. You guys agree or disagree?

WOCS can have bad days, but in no way is it worse than basic.

• Like 1

WOCS can have bad days, but in no way is it worse than basic.

Even then, the worst day of WOCS is better than the best day of Basic. And BCT is stupid easy. Literally all you do is head down, mouth shut, ears open, don't be a moron. The hard part is dealing with everyone else that cannot follow those simple instructions, and being punished regardless.

• Like 1

Even then, the worst day of WOCS is better than the best day of Basic. And BCT is stupid easy. Literally all you do is head down, mouth shut, ears open, don't be a moron. The hard part is dealing with everyone else that cannot follow those simple instructions, and being punished regardless.

I hear you on that.

I see classes rucking almost every morning. Did you all do much of that?