WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

Let's hope so :lol:

Hey schep what branch are you coming from? What's your specialty? Have you started your packet yet?

Definitely use this as a resource when putting your packet together. My PM box is always open to questions although I'm by no means an expert on the application process. I encourage you to ask your questions in the thread though so that they can be useful to others.

Edited by SBuzzkill

• 3 months later...

I'm back, guys. I was never really gone, though. Anyway, reassembling my packet and aiming for it to be done in 6ish months. This feels good. :)

Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Early May. Started P90X last week and am hurting. I hope after all this my score shoots up, was a 256 on my last APFT. Anything to get in better shape for it all though will be worth it. Will make another trip out to WA and Lewis early April, say hi to one of the 4/6 guys I know and bring some more tasty goodies for the office like last time.

Edited by t.o.n.y

With time getting closer (yet still a ways out) I'm getting excited again to ship out and get started. What was your favorite thing about BCT and WOCS? Overall experience, something in particular?

There were a lot of things I liked about both schools. Just open your mind and enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Academic test format is no longer multiple choice - fill in the blank only. FLX land nav time limit is 2:30 instead of 3:00. FLX ruck march is 1:30 instead of 2:00. TACs get to wear the old-school "Black Hat" and throw out more motivational PT.

Nothing too dreadful. Course should still be too easy for anyone who has the aptitude to be a combat pilot in the first place.

~V

Five academic tests, two PT tests (initial and final) and the FLX exercises if you're street to seat. Land nav distance varies based on which lane you're given (random assignment) but averages 3.5 kilometers between four points in the forest. The ruck is six miles.

If you step it out on the ruck, you'll do fine. I did an Airborne shuffle run and came in around 58:50, so dialing it back to a powerwalk should still hit the 1:20 mark. Our fastest candidate hit it in around 50 minutes and the slowest was crawling along with little baby steps and managed 1:56. Our class was the last to go through WOCS under the old standard.

Everyone in the class who truly wanted to be there would have passed under the new rules. It's not going to harm hard workers, just weed out the lazy dirtbags and those who simply cannot meet the physical standard required of Soldiers.

~V

Its hard to believe that I went to WOCS damn near two years ago, and I am still at Rucker. Booooo

It's hard to believe that you went to WOCS damn near two years ago, and I am still NOT at Rucker. Boooooooo

Working on it though...and I remember the day you posted here that you got selected!

So total time from start to finish is what now? On average say 14 months instead of 20 months?

Its supposed to be. I graduated WOCS on 5 OCT 2010. My report date to my next unit is 7 SEP 2012. I fly 58s, which is a longer course, and I am also going to ALSE in July (5 weeks).

• 2 weeks later...