WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 8:41 PM, RangeDrive said:

Hey all, I have a question.

What length commitment are you required to sign for when graduating pilot training? 

Also I’m current AD USAF, so I assume when I cross over I can roll what years I have left on my current contract into the required ADSC ( active duty service commitment ) for Army Pilot? 

You will sign a fresh new ADSO(active duty service obligation).  8 years for helos and 10 for fixed wing.  Someone correct me if they havent updated that yet, in which case it is 6 years.  That time starts the day you graduate.

• 7 months later...

Hello new to this forum.  Wanting some insight into WOFT and eligibility.  
I’m 31 years old.

A fixed wing commercial pilot/instrument w/ MEL.

Over 2000 hrs total time.

No college degree.  

Got in trouble when I was 16 years old and went to jail.  Records were expunged at age 18.  

Physically in good shape.  I did fracture my lower back in 2008, but no hindrances now.  

Thanks!  Just want an honest opinion if it’s even an option!?  

12 hours ago, Nathan said:

Hello new to this forum.  Wanting some insight into WOFT and eligibility.  
I’m 31 years old.

A fixed wing commercial pilot/instrument w/ MEL.

Over 2000 hrs total time.

No college degree.  

Got in trouble when I was 16 years old and went to jail.  Records were expunged at age 18.  

Physically in good shape.  I did fracture my lower back in 2008, but no hindrances now.  

Thanks!  Just want an honest opinion if it’s even an option!?  

If your back is fully healed your biggest hurdle may or may not be whatever it is you went to jail for. If it was expunged my guess is it wasn’t serious enough to be a permanent disqualifier but that is a recruiter question. If you are eligible to enlist and eligible for a security clearance, I imagine a flight board wouldn’t write you off over something stupid you did as a 16 year old 15 years ago, assuming you have made good decisions since then. Start working with a recruiter and see where you get. 

4 hours ago, mike0331 said:

If your back is fully healed your biggest hurdle may or may not be whatever it is you went to jail for. If it was expunged my guess is it wasn’t serious enough to be a permanent disqualifier but that is a recruiter question. If you are eligible to enlist and eligible for a security clearance, I imagine a flight board wouldn’t write you off over something stupid you did as a 16 year old 15 years ago, assuming you have made good decisions since then. Start working with a recruiter and see where you get. 

Yeah no issues after 16 other than 3 speeding tickets.  Last one I got was in 2013 I believe.  Thanks for the reply back!  

Submit a packet, you have nothing to loose. Your flight time will not have a bearing on aircraft selection unless going Guard or Reserve if wanting fixed wing.

There are times in flight school, the C-12 is not even offered. Personally, I would select one of the helos. A lot more fun and challenging.

Are you going active or Guard/Res? 11 to 12 years either way.

1 hour ago, zaurus said:

Submit a packet, you have nothing to loose. Your flight time will not have a bearing on aircraft selection unless going Guard or Reserve if wanting fixed wing.

There are times in flight school, the C-12 is not even offered. Personally, I would select one of the helos. A lot more fun and challenging.

Are you going active or Guard/Res? 11 to 12 years either way.

I would go the helo route for sure.  That’s where I get a little confused with guard or reserve?  What’s the major difference between the two? Part-time/full-time?  Short answer though I’m interested in part-time so maybe ANG.  Thanks! 

Yes, initially the Guard/Reserves is part time employment with the same obligation of 10 years after graduation from WOFT.

The Guard works for the state and the federal gov't when dictated while the Reserves are a federal organization.

The best part of the Guard/Reserves is that you select your location and aircraft type if approved by that unit.  

• 3 months later...

Hello all, 

new to this forum, I was referred here by someone I know as I am interested in WOFT. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in history and a 2.5 GPA. I am physically fit (played college football) and would be able to get good LOR’s from some highs ranking people (I also plan on reaching out to some CW’s for a potential recommendation). I took the ASVAB and scored an 87/125 GT. I also took the DLAB language test and passed (I don’t know if that matters). I understand this is a general question however what are my chances of getting accepted?

36 minutes ago, Cjord339 said:

Hello all, 

new to this forum, I was referred here by someone I know as I am interested in WOFT. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in history and a 2.5 GPA. I am physically fit (played college football) and would be able to get good LOR’s from some highs ranking people (I also plan on reaching out to some CW’s for a potential recommendation). I took the ASVAB and scored an 87/125 GT. I also took the DLAB language test and passed (I don’t know if that matters). I understand this is a general question however what are my chances of getting accepted?

0% if you don't try, maybe 50% if you do. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Board Packet: The selection board will view the following documents.  Copies should be neat in appearance.  All documents should be single-sided in the following order:

• DA Form 61 Application for Appointment
  • UF 601-210.12 Packet Checklist Validation
  • Letters of Recommendation:(Minimum of 3, Maximum of 6) Preferred form UF 3.3
  • ERB or equivalent (PS)
  • Resume
  • Typed Essay “Why I want to be an Army WOFT Aviator”
  • Evaluations – if applicable ( NCOERs, OERs, AERs, or service equivalent)
  • Education Documents: Official High School Transcripts and College Transcripts
  • Copies of Professional Certificates (i.e. FAA)
  • Official SIFT Results

So, the LoR's are mandatory now even for active duty applicants, since otherwise isn't noted.

•  

On 8/1/2021 at 4:36 PM, AriX17 said:

I thought that  requirment is only for civilian applicants. My bad.👐

C’mon man… you’re applying to be a WO. Did you even read the checklist? If not I suggest starting here and go through all the links on this page and it will get you everything you need. Civilians don’t have company or battalion commanders. 

https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AriX17 said:

Better Late Than Never.

Yes. There wasn't  mentioned that  LoR's are mandatory, so I asked a question here.

The *** Mandatory documents for every application *** at the top of the page and then the LOR highlighted with the same three asterisks would mean it is mandatory. 

4 hours ago, eyrk said:

The *** Mandatory documents for every application *** at the top of the page and then the LOR highlighted with the same three asterisks would mean it is mandatory. 

Attention to detail is key. I gave him everything he’ll need and he still won’t read it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking to join my local states National Guard, currently an EMS pilot with College degree. Prior service as well. Have some VA disability for lower back pain and tinnitus, hopefully that wouldn't effect my flight physical?

How long will flight school be if your coming from the national guard? Do you get to leave Rucker in between classes at all and return home? Do any states offer flight school in house instead of going to Rucker (CO)? 

Sorry for all the questions, the recruiter that I called didn't know much.