WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

Ah! A fellow Ghidorah.

It ain't hard, Candidates. Ain't nothin' in the Army hard. Army ain't got no Ranger tab. Why you want lip blalm for anyways?

• 4 weeks later...

Would anybody be interested/willing to take a gander at my "Why I want to be an Army aviator" essay? While I'm not looking to change it (It's MY essay, what I want to say, from the heart), I believe it's always good to share your work. I've learned a lot by writing this. It really forced me to consider why I am doing this.

Let me know, folks. I'd love to connect with you through this long process.

Caleb

I have a question about when you actually sign the contract. What mos is stated on your contract after getting accepted through woft street to seat? Is it 09w or 153a or something else. Id like to find out before i get there so i dont get recruiter hosed or something crazy like that.

ok thank you!!!

also, according to the paperwork im filling out for the packet submission, it seems that im join into the reserves first then im assuming later on down the road either after WOCS or WOFT they'll change it to active duty or how does that process work on paper? maybe i have the wrong guide for filling out the paperwork.

thanks for the quick reply to the MOS. do i need to put a location in beneath it FT. Rucker? also, there's three preference slots for it. should i make them all 09W with FT. Rucker or will it matter if the other two are blank and just the one is filled out?

I still don't really know what's up with that. I went through WOCS 7 years ago and other than the checkbox I marked on my application I never would have known I was in the Reserve Component. But yeah, you'll be in the Reserves on Active Duty until W3, whatever that means.

I still don't really know what's up with that. I went through WOCS 7 years ago and other than the checkbox I marked on my application I never would have known I was in the Reserve Component. But yeah, you'll be in the Reserves on Active Duty until W3, whatever that means.

It's congressional number games or so I have been told. It's the same for pretty much everyone except Academy grads.

Went to see a recruiter today. He tried to say how I wasnt competitive etc etc By the end of the meeting I convinced him I was competitive enough and he agreed to take me on for submitting a WOFT packet. Hope I get it right with this guy. Its funny how quick they are to discourage you from doing something that takes more effort to apply for than going the enlistment route.

I told him that before he did and let him know I was ok if he was not up for the task. I told him I was competitive enough to have received a scholarship from UND for the HFTP, glad I turned it down at the time, seeing how they dropped funding for that program and who knows where I would be.

I definitely do not envy them... Didn't they have to jump in at BWS and pick up from there?

The only guys I know who went to UND are here now, but as instructors. If they have what it takes to teach primary/instruments, it can't be that much that they're missing out on by not being here for those phases.

If they just spent the last..."4 years"? going through flight training, that should make them pretty well prepared. The downside I see to it is that they don't have the firehose mentality coming into it, but I would hope that a course sending people off to Rucker would introduce some of that so they're not blindsided when they get here.

Moot point now, but still.

The only guys I know who went to UND are here now, but as instructors. If they have what it takes to teach primary/instruments, it can't be that much that they're missing out on by not being here for those phases.

If they just spent the last..."4 years"? going through flight training, that should make them pretty well prepared. The downside I see to it is that they don't have the firehose mentality coming into it, but I would hope that a course sending people off to Rucker would introduce some of that so they're not blindsided when they get here.

Moot point now, but still.

That's what I meant. BWS was tough enough for me without having to catch up on the little things.

• 3 weeks later...

I told him that before he did and let him know I was ok if he was not up for the task. I told him I was competitive enough to have received a scholarship from UND for the HFTP, glad I turned it down at the time, seeing how they dropped funding for that program and who knows where I would be.

you turned down a full flight cost scholarship? Sounds fishy to me.

• 2 weeks later...