WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

Im disqualified from flying the OH-58/TH-67 according to the flight physical. I was 98 cm and the cutoff was 95. I know that people have been disqualified from flying the OH-58/TH-67 for the same reasons as me, and are flying them today so I'm not to worried. However it's like pulling teeth to get this flight physical to Ft Rucker complete. I had to call Ft Rucker two times to find out that battalion lost my flight physical in the mail and it did not get to Rucker. We finally got it sent to them over email about a week ago. So then I called for the 3rd time today to check on it, and it was incomplete. Mr. Garcia down at Ft Rucker had to fax my recruiters what forums were needed to be sent to him.

So then I go into the office and they don't know what any of the forums are. So they want me to call Wright Patterson (in Ohio where I took my flight physical), to find out if they know what the forums are, and if they have a copy of them, to send it to my recruiters. So after calling 3 numbers I finally got ahold of the right person and had him send the necessary documents to my recruiter so we can send it to Ft Rucker. Hopefully I can get this approved in the next week or so!

EDIT

Warning, Never get your Flight Physical done at an Airforce base!

Im disqualified from flying the OH-58/TH-67 according to the flight physical. I was 98 cm and the cutoff was 95. I know that people have been disqualified from flying the OH-58/TH-67 for the same reasons as me, and are flying them today so I'm not to worried. However it's like pulling teeth to get this flight physical to Ft Rucker complete. I had to call Ft Rucker two times to find out that battalion lost my flight physical in the mail and it did not get to Rucker. We finally got it sent to them over email about a week ago. So then I called for the 3rd time today to check on it, and it was incomplete. Mr. Garcia down at Ft Rucker had to fax my recruiters what forums were needed to be sent to him.

So then I go into the office and they don't know what any of the forums are. So they want me to call Wright Patterson (in Ohio where I took my flight physical), to find out if they know what the forums are, and if they have a copy of them, to send it to my recruiters. So after calling 3 numbers I finally got ahold of the right person and had him send the necessary documents to my recruiter so we can send it to Ft Rucker. Hopefully I can get this approved in the next week or so!

EDIT

I have a solution--donate a couple inches of your height to me, and we're both good!! :lol: :lol:

EDIT

so is that gonna be a waiver then or what because by the way it sounds that would mean that you cant train in the 67 either? meaning no flight school? how are you getting around this?

Exactly. The sitting height stamp means precisely dick.

EVERYONE flies the AlphaChuck for 4 weeks. I couldn't give a sh*t about what my physical said. I joined the army to fly the Kiowa

• Like 1

I walk in the recruiting office:

Recruiter "I hope you don't want to fly the Kiowa because you are disqualified from them due to being to tall"

Me "I do want to fly the Kiowa"

Recruiter "you do?"

Me "yea, I know of people that got disqualified from them on their physical and are currently flying them today. And you have to fly the TH-67 since it is the helicopter you do your initial training in"

Recruiter "oh"

Im disqualified from flying the OH-58/TH-67 according to the flight physical. I was 98 cm

Can someone chime in on this that has experience, or knows someone that this has happened to?

I know a lot of people taller than 98cm. We all fly Black Hawks though. 98cm sounds like the perfect height for Kiowas though, I don't know why that would be disqualifying. :)

I will be honest. The 58AC is the problem. The seat and low roof make for some helmet contact when sitting perfectly upright. The 67 isn't like that and the 58D has a domed greenhouse roof over your head.