Ok, little background before the question...I've served 10+ years in the Marines with the last few being Reserve with several different units. I've sent a request for LORs to my former CO's, OICs, former USMC Aviator friends, Officers my wife served with and who know me well, etc. but I'm not sitting back and waiting on them. I want to make sure I have 5-6 really outstanding LORs. I've seen others that are going street to seat applying and my question is who are you getting your LORs from. Basically I'm wanting to get 10+ letters to compare and then select the best from those to include in my package. So thats the question if you didn't have any way to get someone from the military to write your letter, who would you ask?? Thanks!!

Ok let me ask this...are you having them use USAREC form 1936 and if so are you printing it off for them and then having them fill it out or are you having them download the software and have them fill it out that way?? I'm talking to my college advisor about this and he wants to write one for me and considering he was a LtCol in the AF and an IP I'd really like to get one from him. Thanks.

Ok let me ask this...are you having them use USAREC form 1936 and if so are you printing it off for them and then having them fill it out or are you having them download the software and have them fill it out that way?? I'm talking to my college advisor about this and he wants to write one for me and considering he was a LtCol in the AF and an IP I'd really like to get one from him. Thanks.

If your a civi applicant, there is no military format that must be followed.

the only military lor I had was my former Sergeant from Iraq. I figured that I could have asked my old CO or XO, but this guy new me the best since I was one of his fireteam leaders. Other than his, I had a FedEx md-11 instructor, a check airman for a regional airlines, two judges, and a preacher...never hurts to get a little help from the big man upstairs.

Good Luck

Semper Fi