Ok so I've been "out" of the Marines since Sept and I let myself go. In the process I gained about 30 pounds. My recruiter did my height/weight the other day and I'm only 8-10 lbs over my max. Its not a problem to lose the weight just wondering what methods others have used to lose weight and get ready for your APFT. I started P90X last night and it seems to be a pretty good system but thats my opinion. So let me hear your thoughts and what worked/didn't work for you. Thanks!!!

Edited by bdl1769

I've been going to the gym for the past month to lift weights (upper and lower body) and do some cardio. I've also been watching what I eat. It's slow but I'm making progress. I recommend fitday.com to track your daily food and activities.

Ya'll should find a CrossFit Affiliate and go there. It is like P90X on steroids and you can really increase your general physical preparedness. I used CrossFit to go from a 260 AFPT to a 283 in less than a month.

Watch what you eat, get good rest, and do high intensity and varied workouts. Check out CrossFit.com to get started. It can be intimidating at first, but if you can find a local gym with some coaching it isn't too bad to get started.

I jumped on the Crossfit bandwagon literally 24 hours ago, and I'm already hooked. I can't afford a Crossfit gym, so I'm doing the bodyweight WODs here:

http://cfmoncton.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/comprehensive-bodyweight-workout-list-v15.pdf

It's kicking my ass, and I freaking love it.

I jumped on the Crossfit bandwagon literally 24 hours ago, and I'm already hooked. I can't afford a Crossfit gym, so I'm doing the bodyweight WODs here:

http://cfmoncton.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/comprehensive-bodyweight-workout-list-v15.pdf

It's kicking my ass, and I freaking love it.

That is a pretty darn good list of WODs to do bodyweight only. You might check around your area to see if an affiliate has a "free day" -- my gym does a free workout every Saturday for the uninitiated.