finally got private

67nov68

Congrats!

And BIG Thank You for your SERVICE to our COUNTRY!

My best,

edspilot

Ditto that.

and congrats on the pilot stuff.

thanks guys enjoyed serving my country flying around in a huey what a bonus .my instructor said b4 i move on to next rating take some fun flights also so thanks again taking wife up for her first heli flight today hope i dont scare the shite out of her should I go doors off or 1 door on

should I go doors off or 1 door on

Quick story. I took the wife up for her first flight in a R22, I showed up on a Sunday, the place was all locked up, but the ship was waiting for me with doors off and the doors were locked up in a hangar. I was going out for an afternoon flight to another airport, have dinner, and fly home at night.

Flight was accomplished but she has NEVER flown in an R22 again. She loves the 44, will go anywhere anytime, but she doesnt even want to see an R22.

Fly safe, have fun, I suggest you leave the doors on.

Goldy

well flight is over she did great ask if she would like doors on or off she says no doors off i want the full effect,i was really suprised she loved it great view we could see columbus ohio sky line great day for the flight .maybe one more fun flight then on to next rating.quick question would it be more benificial to purchase r22 and finish out the rest of my ratings and build time than to go with the schools heli and have hard time building time after school is finished just need some thoughts on this

well flight is over she did great ask if she would like doors on or off she says no doors off i want the full effect,i was really suprised she loved it great view we could see columbus ohio sky line great day for the flight .maybe one more fun flight then on to next rating.quick question would it be more benificial to purchase r22 and finish out the rest of my ratings and build time than to go with the schools heli and have hard time building time after school is finished just need some thoughts on this

That's really a financial decision for you to make. Having your own ship is great, but you still have insurance/maintenance and fuel costs to make, not to mention a mortgage payment on the ship. However if you turn it into a biz, and lease the helo back to the flight school and make some income on it, suddenly its not a bad deal if you can afford some $$. Some great deals out there on Beta's, which have the same power at sea level as a Beta II.

Generally you will lose about $60 per hour in value in the 22. However if you find a good deal, and want to fly a lot of hours fast then you can keep your insurance and storage fees to a minimum.

I happen to own an R22 in partnership, so you can PM me for details.

Fly safe,

Goldy

The most nervous I was in a heli was NOT with my instructor, NOT with another instructor for a phase check and NOT with the Examiner for my checkride. The most nervous was when I took my wife for the first time!

I wanted to do better than perfect, I wanted to protect her and I wanted to impress her. That's a lot for a new pilot to keep straight!

Congrats! (Now wait til you taek the kids ... talk about sweat!)

I remember the first time I took my 12yr old son up, was nervous the night before and a little on the way to the airport. However as soon as I sat in the seat and started the checklist it all went away, it was amazing, the training just took over. Same thing when I took my wife up.