My reserve unit has a few SERE slots and I've requested one of them but Marine Forces Reserve is giving them crap for requesting it for me because I do not have a combat arms MOS (mine's logistics). If I can get it, my intentions are to knock it out so if selected, it would be one less thing for me to complete in the bubbles at Rucker.

I'm having trouble finding information on the "level" of it. I'm assuming this is because of the classified nature of the training. It is administered by the Navy and held in Brunswick, ME. That's all I know.

My unit itself is combat oriented being comprised mainly of forward observers as well as the majority of the Marines being airborne qualified. My point being, the Marines and Sailors that do attend that course consist of anywhere from Reconnaissance Marines, SEALs, Naval Special Warfare Sailors and Corpsman attached to combat arms units etc. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that given the background of these attendees it would be the equivalent of "Level C" in the Army. However, common sense tells me not to assume anything.

I know there are some Marines and Sailors that frequent these discussion boards. If they would be willing to share personal experience regarding the levels, if there even are any, in the Navy/Marine Corps for SERE via PM or on here that would be great.

I understand the training etc. is something that you're not supposed to talk about if you've been through it but knowledge of the levels and transferability shouldn't be an issue.

Appreciate it!

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that given the background of these attendees it would be the equivalent of "Level C" in the Army

Unless things have changed, ur assumptions are correct. At least they were in the 90's. I went through SERE in 95 w/ the Corps & it met the standard for the Army SERE C.

I lost 19 lbs in 9 days... thats all i have to say about that.

The course in Brunswick is a level "c" course. I sent many Marines from MARSOC to the course before MARSOC got approval to run our own courses.

Good to know. Now, if my operations section can only come up with a good enough excuse on why I "need" to go, I'll be in business!

We have slots every fiscal year that we never fill because the Marines who rate them either don't want to go or for whatever reason don't fill them up. They're just sitting there WAITING to be used up... :huh:

I'd also contact the WO REC team and find out it they'll accept a previous SERE course...my gut feeling tells me that since you're going through WOCS, SERE, and flight training as one class that you won't get to skip SERE...thats my opinion though not the Army's. Let me know what you find out though, I've already done the Peacetime/Governmental Detainee portion and it would be nice to skip that.

The Cadre at Rucker have accepted in the past, certificates from other accredited DOD SERE courses. However, this may have changed in the past few years. If your in doubt, just look in the Fort Rucker phone directory for the training division cell and give them a call. Or you can just wait to do the training in Rucker to assure yourself you'll only do it once. Because believe me, once is all you'll ever want to do.

The Cadre at Rucker have accepted in the past, certificates from other accredited DOD SERE courses. However, this may have changed in the past few years. If your in doubt, just look in the Fort Rucker phone directory for the training division cell and give them a call. Or you can just wait to do the training in Rucker to assure yourself you'll only do it once. Because believe me, once is all you'll ever want to do.

Roger, thanks! I can imagine...

My reserve unit has a few SERE slots and I've requested one of them but Marine Forces Reserve is giving them crap for requesting it for me because I do not have a combat arms MOS (mine's logistics). If I can get it, my intentions are to knock it out so if selected, it would be one less thing for me to complete in the bubbles at Rucker.

I'm having trouble finding information on the "level" of it. I'm assuming this is because of the classified nature of the training. It is administered by the Navy and held in Brunswick, ME. That's all I know.

My unit itself is combat oriented being comprised mainly of forward observers as well as the majority of the Marines being airborne qualified. My point being, the Marines and Sailors that do attend that course consist of anywhere from Reconnaissance Marines, SEALs, Naval Special Warfare Sailors and Corpsman attached to combat arms units etc. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that given the background of these attendees it would be the equivalent of "Level C" in the Army. However, common sense tells me not to assume anything.

I know there are some Marines and Sailors that frequent these discussion boards. If they would be willing to share personal experience regarding the levels, if there even are any, in the Navy/Marine Corps for SERE via PM or on here that would be great.

I understand the training etc. is something that you're not supposed to talk about if you've been through it but knowledge of the levels and transferability shouldn't be an issue.

Appreciate it!

All my friends down here with Navy/Marine SERE certificates have had no problems and do not have to repeat the course. Just bring a copy of your certificate with you and you should be fine..

This information is not officially confirmed but I did hear that Air Force SERE was not accepted. This is coming from a cadre member at WOCS. I wouldn't jump through hoops to do SERE early, just go with the flow at Rucker. You might learn something about your friends.

Dutch.

This information is not officially confirmed but I did hear that Air Force SERE was not accepted. This is coming from a cadre member at WOCS. I wouldn't jump through hoops to do SERE early, just go with the flow at Rucker. You might learn something about your friends.

Dutch.

Roger, I can imagine that would screw things up with the flow of training evolutions with your particular class if you had to sit one out?!

I know a few guys who came to Rucker already having done SERE. They skip it and move ahead of their class. One of my friends requested to wait for his class before starting IERW but they bumped him up anyways.

Either way, SERE wasn't bad and I would do it again if I had to. Actually had a bit of fun while I was there.

I know a few guys who came to Rucker already having done SERE. They skip it and move ahead of their class. One of my friends requested to wait for his class before starting IERW but they bumped him up anyways.

Either way, SERE wasn't bad and I would do it again if I had to. Actually had a bit of fun while I was there.

Buzz is right. There is basically no such thing as class integrity anymore as soon as WOCS pins and moves over to B Co. Consider yourself in a class of about 500.