National Guard WOFT

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anybody could confirm whether or not you must be a member of the national guard in order to apply for a 153a Warrant Officer position? is the active duty army the only way to get the 153a WO slot when you initially sign? This would be for the Oregon National Guard if that makes a difference. thank you.

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anybody could confirm whether or not you must be a member of the national guard in order to apply for a 153a Warrant Officer position? is the active duty army the only way to get the 153a WO slot when you initially sign? This would be for the Oregon National Guard if that makes a difference. thank you.

Check out the Reserves. Some units allow you to do street-to-seat. Unsure about the Guard.

Hello everybody,

I can't speak for the whole Army NG, but in Idaho you have to be a military member for a year before you can apply to the board. Of course, that could being a member from active duty or the Air National Guard. But Oregon could be different. I'd recommend contacting their specific warrant officer recruiter to get the exact requirements for Oregon:

http://www.oregonarmyguard.com/contact/index.html

Unfortunately they don't have a direct phone number I can give you to ask. You'll have to use their form and wait for a response. Be sure to keep asking until you can talk directly to the WO recruiter, as they will know the requirements. An enlisted recruiter might tell you a totally different story to get you to sign up.

Edited by heloidaho