Huey to visit Heli-Ops and, Air Show update

Hey all,

We have an Air Force Huey coming in this tuesday, Tom asked that we let folks know when we have time so more can check out the aircraft, here's our student blog press release:

This Tuesday at 11:30 one of our friends will be landing a US Air Force Twin Turbine Huey Helicopter on our ramp at Heli-Ops. Capt Bryant and his crew will explain the operations of his flight-wing and let us check out the aircraft, the hoist system, their FLIR camera and some night vision goggles. This will be open to anyone that wants to come, even students from other area schools or operations.. we encourage you all to try and make this fly-in and meet the crew and see their equipment. (note, if anyone wants to bring their helicopter please call us first so we can make room)

I sincerely hope all of you can come...

Also, we have our annual airshow at KBJC this next weekend.. here is the blog release on that:

AIR SHOW

As most of you know, the air show is this next weekend… We are looking forward to a really awesome couple of days and hope you and your family/friends can attend.

We have some amazing guests that will be at our booths, hanging around and talking about the industry; folks from The Tour Sector, EMS, Law Enforcement and others… They can tell you what it’s really like out there and what your future can hold.

Most important, I’d like to thank everyone for volunteering to work the tents and help out. Unfortunately they limited us this year to the number of tickets we can get and who can work as team members. With the limited number, and people coming from many different States, we ran out of room quickly. If you didn’t get picked to help, please let us know if you want to be on the stand-by list and we’ll call you if any slots open up.. there are four or five on the list already.. I’m really sorry about that.

You can check out the air show schedule and other information here:

http://www.cosportaviation.org/airshow.html

We will actually have two tents this year, right in front of the Osprey and next to the food so come on out and hang around for a while…

We were planning a team photo but decided it would just be too difficult to make it happen with everything else going on.. we will however, be taking tons of photos and posting them hourly to Facebook, so come on by and get in the photos.

If you have any questions about any of this, give us a call at the office..

303.466 HELI (4354)

aloha,

dp

huey3.jpg

huey2.jpg

huey.jpg

• Like 2

Well, the Huey landed today and it was awesome.. The crew was terrific and spent the afternoon showing us their aircraft, night vision goggles and discussing their flight operations in the mountains. I will post a few here, but you can see more on my photobucket link below or our Colorado Heli-Ops facebook page. I think Nate uploaded some videos on fb as well. This was one of the best days we have had at Heliops... we couldn't thank them enough for their time and efforts. The helicopter was amazing to see come and go, and the NVG was too. One set of goggles had four lenses.. i had never seen them before, the clarity was unreal..

hope you enjoy..

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm243/RkyMtnHI2/Huey/

aloha,

dp

IMG_5945.jpg

huey1.jpg

huey2.jpg

• Like 1

nice pics DP. wish I was up there. but picture number 46 or 46 looks dangerous. whoever is cleaning the 44 mast could fall off that ladder like that and get hurt. I think fall harness' would be sufficient in that situation :) haha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...