Dropped my packet.

Well, as of two weeks ago, I am fully qualified, passed all my tests with pretty good scores.

AFQT = 97

GT = 130

AFAST = 128

256 on my PT test.

Maxed my board scores 75 out of 75, recieved very good comments, and was strongly reccomened for WOFT/WOCS.

No law waivers.

No health waivers.

And have my Class 1A flight phys.

3 LOR's: 1 Ret. CW4 Apache Flight Instructor; good friend, Ret. CW3; family, Mayor of my City; good family friend

Now I just have to wait and see if I get selected... And this wait is just awful.

Think I stand a chance?

• 3 weeks later...

Well... My recruiter wont call me back.

I have called her probably 10 times in the past week. I just want to know if my packet was sent to Rucker.

I heard from another recruiter that my Flight Phys results did make it back to Sacramento. Beyond that he had no idea what was going on.

It's been a month since the phys.

Is this normal?

• 1 month later...

Any luck?

After two months of not knowing what was going on with my packet with my previous recruiter, I sought out a new one. I went down to the office, gathered up my packet, and went to the North Highlands office. A friend of mine knew this guy, and recomended him. Well, now here I am again, almost two months later, and still am waiting on my 2207. We spent about five hours in his office the other day fixing all the falseified, made up, and inaccurate information that my previous recruiter had entered into my background check information. So now I'm waiting to get on the phone with the guy in L.A. to get my telephonic interview done so my packet can move forward.

This is painful to say the least.

I feel ya, and I'm sorry you have to go through all these extra steps due to the incompetency of your Army recruiter. I have to admit, the Army's civilian WOFT recruiting program is a poorly executed system. Most recruiters have no idea what they're doing because many have neither put a packet together nor received formal instruction on how to do so. To make matters worse, there is no incentive or benefits for recruiters to enlist someone under a warrant officer contract - they'd rather you enlist to save them extra paperwork and so they can meet their recruiting goals for the month.

I cannot emphasize enough to anyone interested in joining of how important it is to learn as much about the WOFT application process as possible. Recruiters are less than helpful and unfortunately there are many that are flat out lazy or will try to deceive you; occasionally there are recruiters that go all out and jump through hoops for you, but this is definitely an exception to the rule.

I feel ya, and I'm sorry you have to go through all these extra steps due to the incompetency of your Army recruiter. I have to admit, the Army's civilian WOFT recruiting program is a poorly executed system. Most recruiters have no idea what they're doing because many have neither put a packet together nor received formal instruction on how to do so. To make matters worse, there is no incentive or benefits for recruiters to enlist someone under a warrant officer contract - they'd rather you enlist to save them extra paperwork and so they can meet their recruiting goals for the month.

I cannot emphasize enough to anyone interested in joining of how important it is to learn as much about the WOFT application process as possible. Recruiters are less than helpful and unfortunately there are many that are flat out lazy or will try to deceive you; occasionally there are recruiters that go all out and jump through hoops for you, but this is definitely an exception to the rule.

QFT!

I started out with an AWESOME recruiter. However, as time went by, he went to Korea. I was then transfered to another recruiter who was less than helpful. The person assisting her, who took me to FT Lewis was awesome. He made an otherwise stressful trip a lot of fun. So I trasfered to another station. My new recruiter has been doing a good job. Not on the same level as my first, but still a good job none the less.

Good news today though. The 1227 is good to go, and the packet should be submited in time for the Nov. board. So hopefuly I'll be giving you guys some great news here in a few weeks. So pumped!

Good Luck!!! It has been 8 months and 3 different recruiters for me so far. The last thing holding me up is Ft Rucker's stamp of approval on my flight physical.

As of this December, it's been 2 years since I started this process...

I contacted my congressman today to see if he could help me get my packet pushed through a little bit faster.

My recruiter is now having trouble finding my flight phys, my ASVAB score is going to expire next month and I'm gonna have to take it again! :angry:

Took four trips to meps for my first phys, two trips for my afast, a trip for my asvab, a trip to battalion for my first board, a trip to Washington State for my flight phys, countless trips to the recruiting offices, a ton of time invested in getting interviews for LOR, countless hours studying for tests, countless hours researching how to do this right, a huge amount of time invested in typing, and hand writing my essay, and a ton of time invested in my 1227. This is taking forever! I just want in already. I wish I could work directly with battalion. Relying on other people to submit my paperwork in a proper and timely manner is driving me mad.

Yeah, its been more like two years for me as well if you count the time I was applying for Marine OCS before the Corps decided they had too many pilots. The funny thing is, prior to that, my Marine OSO was trying to rush me through the process because he said they were hurting for pilots. Funny how quick they go from one extreme to the other. I can definitely sympathize with the desire to just get in already. If I don't get selected twice and have to wait six months I'm going to go crazy. I am pretty confident in my packet but after reading these boards and seeing the stats of some of the people who didn't make it I'm a lot more nervous.

No point in being nervous.

So... After about 5 hours of phone calls, and contacting people who's phone numbers were very VERY hard to track down. I accomplished what I thought to be the impossible. Spoke with everyone from FT.Lewis Aviation medical center, to just about every Master Seargent in the Sacramento battalion, and MEPS.

I managed to get my Flight Physical found, and my packet sent off to USAREC for review. YEAH!

That was REALLY not fun. There were a lot of "How did YOU get THIS phone number" but it was worth it in the end. Now I just need to get selected.

• 3 weeks later...

Board date is set for December 13th 2010.

Man I hope I get this.

I have to retake the ASVAB though as my score expires December 12th 2010. GAH!

Oh well. I'm studying this time, which I didn't do last time. So maybe I'll do even better.

Retested for the asvab, got a 97 again, lower MK score but higher WK. I did however improve my GT score to a 134! Woo Hoo! Hope we all get selected SOOO bad. Good luck all!

Retested for the asvab, got a 97 again, lower MK score but higher WK. I did however improve my GT score to a 134! Woo Hoo! Hope we all get selected SOOO bad. Good luck all!

Grats on the higher score! That's fantastic! It looks like we're both being looked at for the December 13th board (TODAYYYY).

I'm pretty sure I've stared at my phone for a good couple of hours today. The anticipation is KILLING me. I bet the same for you!

Good luck! :)

Grats on the higher score! That's fantastic! It looks like we're both being looked at for the December 13th board (TODAYYYY).

I'm pretty sure I've stared at my phone for a good couple of hours today. The anticipation is KILLING me. I bet the same for you!

Good luck! :)

I know! This is killing me! I'm in training for work, for the week, and they told us to shut our phones off. But there is NO chance I'm turning my phone off, and missing "that call". Every time that thing buzzes in my pocket I about jump out of my chair.

Sleep? No

Eating? Too much

I hope we both get it!

12/14/2010

Accepted. :D

Ahhh! Congratulations! That's AWESOME! So freaking awesome!

Hopefully I'll see you at Ft. Rucker! I'm still waiting to hear from my recruiter about whether or not I was selected. At this point, I'm getting really really worried. Having a lot of doubts.

Does anyone know why other people have found out their results and I still haven't? I'm going nuts! MY recruiter says I should find out within 48 hours after the board meets! That's tomorrow! :/