Dropped my packet.

Congrats. Enjoy your training and have lots of fun in BCT. You may never get to do the same things that you do there again. WOCS will test you mentally but endure the six weeks by remembering what you will get out of it. B co is not that bad, if you don't get stuck on a long term detail. I had a great time on hold and got plenty of time with my family. Keep us posted, I try to make all the WOCS graduations of people on this forum. Dutch.

I certainly will keep all of you updated. I'm super excited, and very tired. It's 4pm here on the westcoast, and I've already had a 13 hour day. After three days of no sleep. Exhausted!

I'm gonna go take a long nap, and go out to dinner with the fam tonight.

I leave for BCT March 21st, and WOCS June 9th.

WOO HOO! So pumped. I never thought I would see this day.

Good job

It feels so good, right!

Thats how i felt when i found out back in Sept.

Now the wait is long from now tell basic starts. I have only 17 days to go.

I'm going to Ft. LeanordWood and then start WOCS first week of April.

See you at Rucker.

Edited by cencinitas

Congrats! Some advice: "play the game" while you are at Basic and WOCs. The whole goal of those programs is to see if you can follow instructions, pay attention, and take an ass chewing without self-destructing. After WOCs, the world is your oyster! Flight school with pay and all turbine time! It's pretty hard to beat...

I certainly will keep all of you updated. I'm super excited, and very tired. It's 4pm here on the westcoast, and I've already had a 13 hour day. After three days of no sleep. Exhausted!

I'm gonna go take a long nap, and go out to dinner with the fam tonight.

I leave for BCT March 21st, and WOCS June 9th.

WOO HOO! So pumped. I never thought I would see this day.

You and I will be in the same WOCS class.

• 2 months later...

7 Days to go. I can't wait!

Ah! I can't even imagination how excited you have to be. I just got selected for WOFT today and will be signing my contract on Thursday - if I have to wait 3+ months like you, I think I'm going to go stir crazy.

Aside from exercising, what have you been doing to get ready for BCT & WOCS, if anything?

Go download the WOCS SOP and read through it a couple times, exercise exercise exercise. Be in great shape.

I picked up the TH67 study guides from a friend, and have been reading through those. I listen the TH 67 CD.

Mostly just running though, trying to get my Cardio in the best possible shape. Enjoying the good stuff in life too. Make sure you enjoy good food, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy life before you leave.

Don't stress too much about the TH-67 stuff right now.

Right now concentrate on learning what you need to know for BCT - are you familiar with rank structure and what each one looks like? Who you need to stand at parade rest for and who you should lock up at attention for? Who you salute and who you don't?

Start memorizing the Soldier's Creed, General Orders and the Army song. Talk to your recruiter and get them to square you away on the basic drill and ceremony stuff.

Learning the basics will help you a lot in your first weeks of BCT. You're still going to be all ate up and get your ass chewed but at least you wont stand out.

When you ship out for basic don't pack a bunch of clothes or stuff you don't need. I had everything in a back pack and I really only took one pair of clothes, stuff like toothpaste and shaving cream, and a bunch of stationary.

It's going to be hard to do with the anxiety and excitement but get as much sleep as you can the night before you ship out, sleep on the airplane and on the bus. You won't sleep for a while when you first get there ;) The first night of reception is a PITA.

Most of all, HAVE FUN! I would go back in a heartbeat and do it all over again. If you have any questions about anything send me a PM.

Edited by SBuzzkill