ATP add-on

Currently I am an ATP fixed wing and earlier this year I completed the Helicopter Comm Add-on. I would like to do the ATP add-on as soon as I have the required total time. My question is: May I take the checkride with out having the helicopter instrument as long as I have all the prerequisites filled and an endorsement for the helicopter instrument rating? Mainly, I am looking to save the cost of a checkride and the extra day if most of the things are repetitive.

So, I made the original post while browsing this sight and contemplating my future. I have since worked up the motivation to pull out the big FAR book. Looks like 10 less hours under the hood for the instrument. If I read it correctly, it says I would need to take another knowledge test(written) for the ATP helicopter. Does that sound correct? I'm pretty much all set on tests. I'd just like to get the CFI and instrument done...

So, I made the original post while browsing this sight and contemplating my future. I have since worked up the motivation to pull out the big FAR book. Looks like 10 less hours under the hood for the instrument. If I read it correctly, it says I would need to take another knowledge test(written) for the ATP helicopter. Does that sound correct? I'm pretty much all set on tests. I'd just like to get the CFI and instrument done...

I did the ATP add-on earlier this year. Yes you have to have the helicopter instrument rating. And you do have to take the ATP add-on written. It is a very short written like 30 questions. I would suggest to keep costs down, is to do your Instrument and CFII at the same time.

Thanks! Doing the instrument and the CFII concurrently is something else I considered. Maybe it was advice you had given someone on here prior. Sounds like a good idea.

So... get to work on the CFI add-on and then hammer out the instrument and CFII after. For whatever I will end up doing with helicopters I doubt I will actually need the ATP. I thought it would be nice to have though. Maybe down the road.