Embry Riddle

eaw913

I was doing some research online, and I found somewhere that said people who go through the Army ROTC program at Embry Riddle can be guaranteed a flight slot after graduating.

Is this true or false? I feel like if it was true, then more people would go this route (as far as entering the Army to fly).

Thanks guys.

I'm a student at Riddle Prescott and actually looked into doing this. I contacted the Army and was told that this is absolutely no guarantee, which is why I opted out of applying for it. However, ROTC (the 4 year scholarship) is defiantly a great route to take if you don't mind serving in the Army/Air Force for a certain number of years after graduation. The helicopter program here is extremely expensive, but I hear it is really good.

Good luck

I actually declined a Army ROTC scholarship to Riddle because the Army does not guarantee a flight slot after graduation. However I was fortunate enough to also be offered additional scholarships which provided me with several options other than having to depend solely on an ROTC scholarship for my education.

I'm also a student here at Prescott and agree with the other posts. Even though I haven't looked into Army ROTC directly, I'm sure I would have heard about something like that. Might want to look into University of North Dakota also, as I know they have some sort of Army ROTC flight training program. Otherwise, I believe if you put in your Warrant Officer packet to fly with Army Guard/Reserve you can actually get assured a flight school slot before having to sign up for a commitment. Good Luck!

i am curious, for you two current students at prescott, can i assume that you are taking their aeronautical sciences program with rotary wing training?

if this is a correct assumption, please let me know all the details you can about instructors, if you are getting alot of flight time, how the classes are, how the campus is, and anything else about the program you can!!!!! if you are not doing helo training, please disregard.

in about 4 years ill be out of the coast guard with my A+P license. After researching several degree and flight programs, including UND, i feel like embry riddle is going to be the best fit for using my post 9/11 GI bill for rotary wing training. basically the entire program is going to be 100% free and though i havent toured the campus, ive done a bit of research about them and want to go to prescott.

sorry if i am hijacking this thread

Thanks everyone. I thought this might have been too good to be true! I was going to do the Army ROTC program at my college, but I do not want to have to make a commitment before I go in. I want to be assured a flight slot, no doubt.

I would love if they had a program specifically to flying in college. Not even to guarantee a flight slot, but to involve people who are interested in the process and getting to meet others under the same circumstances. I find it time after time I want to find a way to involve myself and meet more people, but it is very hard to do so when it comes to flying for the Army.